Firefox theme discussion

Here we can discuss (comodo?) themes for firefox, and make suggestions to the one’s that make them. Maybe we can help with images, icons, color and ideas?

Be back in a sec. Wife needs help…

Back, any suggestions? lol.

Paul

LOL! Hurry! Otherwise your MIL will come for a visit… ;D

OK, if i understand it correctly, you’re making a personal theme right now?
Are you going to make it public?
After that, you are thinking of making a Comodo-theme?
Is it hard to make a theme? Takes a lot of time i suppose…

Actually yes it is hard, especially for a beginner. For those more used to it, it’s still a challenge but hardly what it is for me. I still may scrap my idea though. If I\we\anyone can come up with a good Comodo idea, I may put the first on the back burner.

Cheers,

Paul

Ok, you/we may come up with some good ideas for a Comodo-theme. Maybe there is someone else here, that have experience in this area. I have never tried it so i have no clue how you do it, but i may be able to help in some way…

Hey, no problem, I trust you 100% ! ::slight_smile: So what ideas you got man?? Spill it! loll.
I was thinking perhaps the blue Comodo window frame, some mixed but basically red icons, perhaps white outling, glossy look, somewhere in there but we need definition here. What’s your take?

Cheers,

Paul

Sounds good. The easiest way, perhaps, is if we make an image in a gfx program, so we can see how it looks?
What blue frame are you referring to? The firewall gui?
Red glossy buttons should look nice, with white outlining like the forum-buttons?
Tomorrow i will try to make some buttons/icons and see if it looks nice… ;D

You can change the default “Go to Firefox homepage” (it’s on the up-right-most part of the browser; that’s it! the circle-dot!) with CPF’s shield. …and rotate it around just like… who’s that again that has this CPF shield as his avatar? …arrrggh! can’t remember.

Hi, good idea and if you mean the little go icon , it’s called “throbber” in default FF theme. I have an animated globe for the current theme that I made. Also I think you mean justin. :wink:

cheers,

Paul

Hey Paul,

can you give me a link to the docs on how to create a theme? what format are the buttons and what size are they, and how many states do they have?

cheers,
ewen :slight_smile:

Hey guys,

Is this the shield you are talking about:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yes, i think that’s the one Mike. :slight_smile:

Hi Ewen,

A link…

http://www.knology.net/~mcdavis941/ui_visual_index/theming.html#funny_multipart_button_icon_images

This is the best one I have found by Mcdavis. The guy knows his stuff and has been helping me along as well. I have more often than not almost made my coffee cup part of my monitor screen. There is little or no help out there for FF theming. Also a note, there is a complete theme or add on theme or skin. I am doing the add on and that’s a big enough chore. While I would assume you would have to write specific code bits more than a document, I have already created the install package. I have my UUID etc…and the install.rdf and contents.rdf files in place. I am trying to figure out how anyone can help honestly, it must be run from my .jar so not sure and didn’t think about this before. The icons have two sets of 4 row pngs. Small and reg. They can be 32X or 12X or 48X it depends but they are set up in rows as stated. I have been at it for about a month now just trying to learn the basics. Knowing you, you probably know all this already and will whip up a them in a day or two, lollll. Thanks,

Paul

I understnd that it’s hard to really help you Paul, but it was more of a “idea-help” with a Comodo theme. If you r mind isn’t set up yet, maybe some of us can help you with something… :wink:
I just made an example in a few minutes, so you can tell us if the colors is close to what your idea was.
I know… lousy quality… saved it in wrong quality/format… i’m in a hurry, so i don’t have time to remake it right now… but you can tell us if the colors is close… ;D

lol. Oh I understand that, loll. I wish there was a way to actually help with the coding though, it would make my life much easier. :wink: I was thinking that perhaps some could write portions, and simply keep it as a text file and I could plug it in if they wanted to do it that way. It’s not that big a problem, but I don’t want to let anyone down if I don’t get it done real soon as it takes time. Any help and ideas are VERY welcome and the only thing my mind isn’t made up on due to the not wanting others to wait too long, is do I scrap my current or jump to the Comodo theme? Got a coin? loll. That said, nice job on the theme look! I like the buttons, etc…A very nice start to say the least! Here were my test icons I made for my current theme…

cheers,

Paul

The icons for your theme look nice! Are you going to have that dark blue background?

Thank you. Yeah, I planned on a two tone like the windows media colors but a tad darker and lighter tones. It’s called Blue Universe but I have yet to perfect my icons, etc…

Cheers,

Paul

Ok, that sounds nice.
I have made a website for a friend. He is a part time photographer.
I have made everything there. I made it dark, so the images would stand out.
Do you like it? http://www.kimlill.se
It’s a bit heavy because it is so much graphics but… a little different anyway… :wink:

Actually it’s awesome! nicely done! It loads quickly as well, so no problems there. Honestly, great job!

Cheers,

Paul

Indeed that is a really nice website, how much do you charge? I may need a site done in the future.