Firefox Plug-in Container

Quick question.

What may be a very good rule for the FF Plug-in Container…? Sometimes I see CIS throwing a pop-up asking what to do? So I ask this now.

Thank you :slight_smile:

It really depends which plug-ins you use and how much control you want. I only use flash and the rules I have cater for most situations:

Allow TCP Out to ANY Ports 80, 843 and 1935

Thanks for the reply guys :slight_smile:

I have a plugin for Freedownload manager(FDM), Shockwave Flash, Java SE 7_3, and PDFXchange Viwer for FF 11.

It’s currently set at Web Browser default rule but was looking for a better rule as there’s Freedownload manager there. I do not use BitTorrent on though.

Or should I create a rule instead for Freedownload manager(FDM)… FDM is my main downloader app. It’s also currently set at Web Browser default rule. On that and in relation to the container have you any rules that I can set for it (FDM)…?

For the most part, Java, PDFXchange and FDM will use port 80, so you’re covered by the web browser rule. If I remember correctly, FDM also does ftp, so again you’re covered by the default web browser rule, your only problem may be flash, which uses additional ports not covered by that policy. However, if you’re not seeing any problems, stay with with you have.

OK thanks there Radaghast as always you have been very helpful.

your only problem may be flash, which uses additional ports not covered by that policy.

If you are to make a rule for that additional ports by your experience what may that be…?

Thanks again :slight_smile:

I’d add TCP out to ports 843 and 1935. What you could do, is edit the rule and make the ‘block’ an ‘ask’ with logging. then see what comes up…