Firefox/Icedragon on laptops

Does FF run slow for anybody else using laptops? I used to have a desktop that was half as good as my current laptop and it ran fine . But it’s just slow on here. IceDragon was even slower. Does it just nnot run well with Windows 7 or what ? I was even on my grandmother in laws desktop today. Which is flooded with stuff and probably has 1 gig of ram . And it was running perfectly fine and smooth . Are the newer versions just bad now ? Dragon/chrome run just fine for me though .

I think you need to define ‘slow’ My youngest has an old Celeron M 370 1.5 GHz with a Gigabyte of DDR and that runs firefox 18.0.1, with 4 add-ons, reasonably well.

Hi AntSunrise,

I do agree with Radaghast – please <<define ‘slow’>>
Most likely, we need more info about your (win 7) system (any tweaks ? Or you just running whatever was pre-installed/scheduled/auto-running/ etc.)
Anyway, according to my experience FF is the fastest browser, on my win 7 x64 laptop (asus quad core laptop)
The only one that can be compared is Iron. I have all existing main browsers (as portables) except Dragon & IceDragon … cannot be bothered with those…
In addition I do have around 30 add-ons installed for Firefox on laptop & > than 40 on my desktop (XP Pro / Dual Core … “severely” :slight_smile: tweaked - ~80 unneeded services gone!.. most of them belong to MS)
Similar situation on less powerful laptops on my friends’ laptops (as Radaghast pointed)

It would be interesting to know some details

Cheers!