firefox.exe is not a recognized application

Hi, I’m having problem running Mozilla Firefox, everytime I try to launch the application, the firewall alert pops up and says that “firefox.exe could not be recognized and is about to connect to the internet”

All along, firefox was working fine with the firewall and this just happened today. Clicking on ok for firefox being a trusted application or web browser just return the same error message.

Please advise.

See the other thread, called ‘Comodo Firewall v3 allways forget firefox.exe’ for further information. The new beta version .273 is said to work well, but personally I would give it some time. The current version worked well for two weeks before it gave up and lost its memory.

Hi Triple3

Welcome to Comodo Forum

You may be able to get this working properly by going to Defense+ → Advanced → computer security policy → and remove all instances you see listed there for Firefox. Then go to firewall → Advanced → network security policy → application rules → and once again remove every instance of Firefox. Reboot your PC (important) and let CFP find Firefox again. Clicking on the appropriate popups. In this case you can either click on trusted application or web browser.

This has worked for me in the past. Let us know how you do with it.

John