Firefox error lander

Hi,

The version of Comodo Firewall Pro Installed
v3.0.18.309

• Your Internet connection type (dial-up/cable/Direct connection/LAN etc)
    ADSL
  • Operating system and Service Pack Level
    Windows XP Home
  • How you are logging in to the OS (Admin, User)
    Admin
  • Other real-time security applications installed (AV, AS, HIPS etc)
    AVG free edition, Search & destroy spybot
  • Security related applications which have been removed/disabled before installing CFP
    Was using kerio firewall and disabled it before install of Comodo
  • Security related application which have been removed/disabled after installing CFP
    None
  • Detail the problem, such as which applications are running when you have the problem
    I am able to connect to my router which shows connection to my ISP. But whenever I type an url and enter, my firefox browser will display “error lander”. I tried with IE browser, I get no connection to internet. I can see traffic for my firefox but simply no able to access any website. In addition, when I tried to get update for my AVG, I get the error “… unable to convert server to IP address”.
    I uninstalled combo v3 and installed combo v2.4, I managed to access to any webpages. I have been installing and uninstalling v3 for the past 5 days and nights. Please help.

Thanks

Have you tried making Firefox and Internet Explorer a web browser?

Yes I did under the network security policy. Am I correct?

Hi beatitudes,you say you where running Kerio firefall but disabled it.Did you uninstall it or just disable it?It needs to be completely removed before installing V3.

If you install again,after going through the set up procedure if you are unable to connect have a look at the logs to see what is being blocked.

Matty

Hi Matty,

You are absolutely right about uninstalling other firewall, I managed to get internet access simply following your suggestion. Thank you very much. Apparently v2 does not need to uninstall my sunbelt kerio firewall but v3 simply must uninstall all other firewall before it can really work.

Cheers.