Firefox and IE stop working
This should summarise the issue. May be best to write it after drafting the issue report. A good title makes sure the right mods and the right devs look at the report
A. The bug/issue:
- What you did: Installed a version above 5.10.228257.2253 through both update and full cleaning.
- What actually happened or you actually saw: Start firefox 32bit or IE 32bit, loads 2MBish into ram then auto shuts down, no error. Iron 64bit (chromium) IE 64bit do start without problems.
- What you expected to happen or see: Your browser opening and stuff working.
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: De-install, fully clean according on site guide, use extra reg cleaners (WinAso, CCleaner’s regcleaner, Tweak power pack 2012’s reg cleaner) manually clean registry afterward.
- If its a software compatibility problem have you tried the compatibility fixes (link in format)?: No compatibility issues, installed Zerovulnerabilitylabs Exploit Shield Browser Edition 0.8.1 Beta later after the problem already occured.
- Details & exact version of any software (execpt CIS) involved (with download link unless malware): Zerovulnerabilitylabs Exploit Shield Browser Edition 0.8.1 Beta http://www.zerovulnerabilitylabs.com/download/ExploitShield-Setup.exe
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen: Just install the new version
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): Not a clue, if i go back to 5.10.228257.2253 it’s all good again.
B. Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots).
0. A diagnostics report file (Click ‘?’ in top right of main GUI) Required for all issues): Appended
- Screenshots of the 6.0 Killswitch Process Tab (see Advanced tasks ~ Watch Activity) or 5.x Active process list. If accessible, required for all issues: Appended
- Screenshots illustrating the bug: No need, not possible
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs: No need, not possible
- A CIS config report or file: N/A
- Crash or freeze dump file: Appended (Firefox and IE)
- Screenshot of More~About page. Can be used instead of typed product and AV database version. N/A
C. Your set-up
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: Pre bug version mentioned above, Post bug, newest version available. CIS 6.0.260739.2674 AV 14794
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from from a previous version of CIS: Yes
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?: Yes
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?: Yes but not this time.
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): Nope
- Defense+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall & AV security levels: D+/HIPS= , ASB/BB= , Firewall = , AV = ← Yes to all? Fresh install.
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Win 7, Up to date with everything SP1, 64bit, UAC off by default, Admin.
- Other security and utility software currently installed: Above mentioned Exploit shield but problem occured before installing that.
- Other security software previously installed at any time since Windows was last installed: None.
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box): None
Hope someone knows a fast fix because firefox is pretty much the browser i use, can’t reach anything unless i start plundering databases.
[attachment deleted by admin]