Firefox and Flash video

I see a lot of posts about Firefox not functioning on Flash sites. The problem is I think (at least for me) the non IE version is being sandboxed. When Flash Player is loaded it creates a process only for a couple of seconds under Win32 that launches the player and then disappears. That process is unrecognized and therefore sandboxed. You can’t add it to trusted files or submit it because it disappears after loading the player. I can still play video on YouTube only with the sandbox level set to partially limited (limited or above it just freezes) . On more complex Flash sites it will no work at all. I hope it is resolved so my sandbox level can be set back to untrusted.

I’m not sure if this is the same problem as everyone else, but it seems that Firefox and Flash seem to be the common denominator.

I will be glad when HTML5 becomes the standard. Then maybe we can all say goodbye to Flash.

What operating system does this happen on? I never had this problem and flashplayer doesn’t even get sandboxed for me. The only problem I’ve noticed with flashplayer and firefox is that when running the browser in sandbox, flash videos are a bit laggier than normal.

On Windows 7 x64, they behave fine together if using ‘partially limited’ but limited, restricted or untrusted stops flash being loaded by the plugin-container and causes firefox to freeze. The sandbox also breaks multiple profiles with firefox.

I have it happening on Win 7/8 x64. Both running CIS 5.12. It was also happening with Windows 8 with V6 installed before I switched back.

Firefox 17.1 and updated version of Flash

As you can see by the screen shot they are trusted running in the sandbox.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Any ideas on how to get it out of the sandbox and run as a trusted file ?

I’m not completely sure what the problem is. According to the release notes for 2708:

Fixed: Flash player plugin is erroneously auto-sandboxed

Flash isn’t supposed to be sandboxed. What I see with the higher restriction sandbox settings are:

2013-02-07 10:43:32  	C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerPlugin_11_6_602_155.exe  	Access Memory  	System 
2013-02-07 10:43:32  	C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerPlugin_11_6_602_155.exe  	Access Memory  	System 
2013-02-07 10:43:32  	D:\Apps\Mozilla\Release\firefox.exe  	Access Memory  	System 
2013-02-07 10:43:32  	D:\Apps\Mozilla\Release\firefox.exe  	Access Memory  	System 
2013-02-07 10:43:25  	D:\Apps\Mozilla\Release\firefox.exe  

I did try adding fx and flash to protection settings for the System process but it had no effect.

if thats the case maybe adding an allow exceptions on interprocess memmory from the flash exe rule pointing to the browsers exe??

Possibly, but if you look at the log entries, both firefox and flash are attempting memory access to the System process, which, I assume because of the sandbox settings, is being blocked. In theory, if we allow the System process to accept these requests, things should work, unless it’s by design or still broken…