Filesystem Filter Driver for kernel 3.5-3.18(redirfs and avflt)

Dear Nuffi

Today, I tried Kernel 3.13.11 from Index of /~kernel-ppa/mainline/v3.13.11.11-trusty.
But no error…
Investigation continues.

make -C /lib/modules/uname -r/build M=/tmp/driver/redirfs modules
make[1]: Entering directory ‘/usr/src/linux-headers-3.13.11-03131111-generic’
CC [M] /tmp/driver/redirfs/rfs_path.o
CC [M] /tmp/driver/redirfs/rfs_root.o
CC [M] /tmp/driver/redirfs/rfs_info.o
CC [M] /tmp/driver/redirfs/rfs_file.o
CC [M] /tmp/driver/redirfs/rfs_dentry.o
CC [M] /tmp/driver/redirfs/rfs_inode.o
CC [M] /tmp/driver/redirfs/rfs_dcache.o
CC [M] /tmp/driver/redirfs/rfs_chain.o
CC [M] /tmp/driver/redirfs/rfs_ops.o
CC [M] /tmp/driver/redirfs/rfs_data.o
CC [M] /tmp/driver/redirfs/rfs_flt.o
CC [M] /tmp/driver/redirfs/rfs_sysfs.o
CC [M] /tmp/driver/redirfs/rfs.o
LD [M] /tmp/driver/redirfs/redirfs.o
Building modules, stage 2.
MODPOST 1 modules
CC /tmp/driver/redirfs/redirfs.mod.o
LD [M] /tmp/driver/redirfs/redirfs.ko
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/usr/src/linux-headers-3.13.11-03131111-generic’
cp /tmp/driver/redirfs/Module.symvers /tmp/driver/avflt
make -C /lib/modules/uname -r/build M=/tmp/driver/avflt EXTRA_CFLAGS=-I/tmp/driver/redirfs modules
CC [M] /tmp/driver/avflt/avflt_check.o
CC [M] /tmp/driver/avflt/avflt_data.o
CC [M] /tmp/driver/avflt/avflt_dev.o
CC [M] /tmp/driver/avflt/avflt_mod.o
CC [M] /tmp/driver/avflt/avflt_proc.o
CC [M] /tmp/driver/avflt/avflt_rfs.o
CC [M] /tmp/driver/avflt/avflt_sysfs.o
LD [M] /tmp/driver/avflt/avflt.o
Building modules, stage 2.
MODPOST 1 modules
CC /tmp/driver/avflt/avflt.mod.o
LD [M] /tmp/driver/avflt/avflt.ko
make -C /lib/modules/uname -r/build M=/tmp/driver/redirfs modules_install
INSTALL /tmp/driver/redirfs/redirfs.ko
Can’t read private key
DEPMOD 3.13.11-03131111-generic
make -C /lib/modules/uname -r/build M=/tmp/driver/avflt EXTRA_CFLAGS=-I/tmp/driver/redirfs modules_install
INSTALL /tmp/driver/avflt/avflt.ko
Can’t read private key
DEPMOD 3.13.11-03131111-generic
depmod: ERROR: Module ‘hci_vhci’ has devname (vhci) but lacks major and minor information. Ignoring.

RedirFS kernel modules have been successfully installed.

$Stopping cmdagent: The cmdagent stopped successfully!
$Starting cmdagent: The cmdagent started successfully!

If post-setup.sh is build error, please try this.
But d_child error only.

Download driver.tar(redirfs 0.11E12A)
Download fix_rebuild_driver.sh

Replace driver.tar
Copy fix_rebuild_driver.sh to /opt/COMODO
sudo chmod +x /opt/COMODO/fix_rebuild_driver.sh

cd /opt/COMODO
sudo ./post-setup.sh

*** if build error ***

sudo ./fix_rebuild_driver.sh

Dear KINTA-JAPAN,

very good work in post #21! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :-TU
Problem is solved for LinunxMint 17 Cinnamon by kernel 3.13.0-46! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :-TU
Thanks, thanks! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :-TU
See you some time! 88) :wink:

Regards

Nuffi 8)

please look also here:

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo-antivirus-for-linux-cavl/update-fails-postsetupsh-finishes-with-errors-t109823.15.html

Thanks, thanks! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :-TU

Anyone got this working on Ubuntu 15.04 yet? I have realtime scanning working in all my 14.04 machines, but 15.04 remains elusive! Any help/updates are appreciated!!

I just followed the instructions and, BAM…
it worked right away
I am using Ubuntu 15 with KDE environment.
opened the file browser with root priveledge and moved the .tar file to the opt/COMODO folder
then opened the console with root priveledge and cd /opt/COMODO/post_setup.sh
I think that the only thing that did a bit differently was that I re-booted after that - no problems…!

I am not a computer programmer. This doesn’t work because there is no way to the replace the drivers. Is there a way to fix this in laymen terms?

Dear Crippled

How about this?

and…

(1)How to Execute CAVL installer.??? Please

Download installer package from 5 Best Antivirus for Linux 2022 | Linux Antivirus.
Using a terminal and enter the following.
sudo dpkg-i cav-xxxxxxxx.deb[Enter]

how can we Replace that (3)Replace /opt/COMODO/driver.tar
cd /opt/COMODO[Enter]
sudo mv driver.tar driver.org[Enter]
sudo cp [Download path]/driver.tar .[Enter]

(4) and how can we Excute this .Execute post_setup.sh
cd /opt/COMODO[Enter]
sudo ./post_setup.sh[Enter]

I get as far “sudo cp [Download path]/driver.tar .[Enter]” and it won’t open. >:( How can I move that file from the Download folder to the driver folder in root?

KINTA-JAPAN, your patch compiles without error on Ubuntu 16.04 (kernel 4.4), but after installing it hangs the system (hardware reset is required). Any chance of you making a patch compatible with 4.4 kernels? It would be VERY welcome… I am not a kernel hacker myself, so I don’t even know what needs to be changed.

To: KINTA-JAPAN,

I am facing the following problem on OpenSuse Leap 42.1 with 4.1.27-24-default kernel.

Drivers are compiled and services start, but on Comodo GUI, every time I boot, I have to run diagnostics in order to have the normal green dots for Antivirus and Mail Gateway…

Please advice me how to resolve this issue.

Dear Kinta - I have been successfully using your unofficial patch up to and including Ubuntu 16.04 kernel 4.4.0-43 even though the patch was not recommended to go that far.
However, sadly, it fails with Ubuntu 16.10 kernel 4.8.0-22 - even after running your fix_rebuild_driver.sh script (which I had not needed to use before)
Is this the end of the road for CAV Linux? Or may we expect an updated patch some time?
I must say I have been extremely grateful to you for the past 2-3 years!
Best
David

I ran into the same problem as I upgraded one of my system to 16.10. I looked into the kernel 4.8 and found there was changes made that caused the compilation failed. I managed to make a patch on the source and compiled well on kernel 4.8. Do you want to test it before I can put it on public…

Yup - many thanks Charlie. I’ll try it first on my usb drive 16.10 install and report back…
Best
David

I can report that Charlie’s driver.tar replacement does indeed work with Ubuntu 16.10 using kernel 4.8.0-28. Whether, like the Kinta solution, it will continue to work with later kernels (till it stopped working with the latest ones, that is) remains to be seen.
That means that if you install Comodo Antivirus for Linux and you do gksudo nautilus (or Thunar, or whatever you are using) to navigate to /opt/COMODO/ and then replace the driver,tar which came with Comodo with Charlie’s driver.tar instead and then run sudo /opt/COMODO/[SPACE]post_setup.sh and accept the license agreement (tedious scrolling) Comodo should run successfully. However, as with Kinta’s solution, you’ll probably need to keep replacing it with itself every time there is a Linux kernel upgrade to your system.
But before all that palaver, in order to install Comodo nowadays you also need first to install libssl0.9.8_0.9.8o which is no longer in the official repositories as it’s been replaced by later versions - so you’ll need to Google it and download it from somewhere else in order to install it.
By the way I can confirm that to be on the safe side I installed Charlie’s solution on my full install of Ubuntu 16.10 on my usb stick, then, after installation, ran ESET antivirus for Linux on it an it reported no malware. So Charlie’s solution appears to be safe - though there are no guarantees in life!
Phew…
Thanks Charlie - go public… I think.
Best
David

[[See Reply#43 an updated version of driver.tar for kernel 4.9 and after…]]

Here is the driver for kernel 4.4 and up to 4.8…

Tested on kernel 4.4, 4.7 and 4.8.

1. unzip driver.zip.
  2. copy driver.tar to /opt/COMODO.

Read KINTA-JAPAN post for compiling the driver.

The size of driver.tar is less than that of KINTA-JAPAN version because I deleted the dazuko directory because it does nothing to the compilation. The changes made to the driver source are shown in the three diff files.

I used the CAVL for several years, it is a good anti-virus with GUI interface. Thanks to the work been done by COMODO team and KINTA-JAPAN. I am really appreciated…

Charlie

##P.S. See Post #54 https://forums.comodo.com/comodo-antivirus-for-linux-cavl/filesystem-filter-driver-for-kernel-35318redirfs-and-avflt-t94441.0.html;msg891578#msg891578 for updated version tested on kernel 5.0.0. ##

CORRECTION!!
There should be no [SPACE] in sudo /opt/COMODO/[SPACE]post_setup.sh ie should be sudo /opt/COMODO/post_setup.sh
Apologies

;D Charlie’s driver.tar saved my life with Kernel 4.7 on Debian Jessie!!!
Thanks Charlie! :-TU

I hope a revised CAVL will be released…

Hi charlie_xstar
While I have been delighted with your patch on Ubuntu 16.10 and its various kernels up till now, I’m sorry to report that is fails in Fedora 25 using kernel 4.8.6-300.fc25.x86_64 which I have recently been trying out. The error message are:
make: *** No rule to make target ‘all’. Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target ‘install’. Stop.
modprobe: FATAL: Module redirfs not found in directory /lib/modules/4.8.6-300.fc25.x86_64
RedirFS kernel modules installation failed

I’m afraild I don’t have the faintest idea what those messages mean… But I guess you will know.
I note that the original installer for Comodo for Linux AV was claimed to be originally an .rpm file converted via Alien to a .deb file. The version of CAV I downloaded for installation into Fedora 25 was in its original .rpm format, which is offered on the Comodo web site. You say you tested your patch up to and including kernel 4.8, but I’m wondering if the stuff you said you left out was relevant to the .rpm version, even if redundant in the .deb version? Dunno… all this stuff is well above my paygrade…
Anyway, many thanks again for your efforts so far!

Hi to charlie_xstar and kinta-japan,

Unfortunately on Opensuse Leap 42.1 & 42.2, the gui shows that services are not started, forcing the user to execute CAV diagnostics on every log in / reboot…

After performing the CAV diagnosis, the marks on the gui go green…

I use kubuntu and the format is .deb… So I don’t know what wrong with your compilation. My kernel version of 64-bit Kubuntu is 4.8.0-37-generic #39-Ubuntu SMP; it still works fine for me.