File properties windows appearing behind alerts windows [NBZ]

The bug/issue
1. What you did: Click on a filename mentioned in a firewall or defense+ alert
2. What actually happened or you actually saw: File properties pop up directly behind the alert and can’t be seen unless you move alert
3. What you expected to happen or see: The file properties pop up in the middle of the screen where you can actually see them
4. How you tried to fix it & what happened: Moved the file properties window to center of screen, clicked OK, did not change location of next window.
5. Details (exact version) of any software involved with download link: Any program\file mentioned in an alert

Files appended
1. Screenshots illustrating the bug: Appended
2. Screenshots of related event logs or the active processes list: Not applicable
3. A CIS config. report or file: Not applicable
4. Crash or freeze dump file: Not applicable

Your set-up
1. CIS version & configuration used: 5.0.162636.1135, Not applicable
2. Whether you imported a configuration, if so from what version: No
3. Defense+ and Sandbox OR Firewall security level: Defenseplus=Paranoid, Sandbox=Disabled
4. OS version, service pack, bits, UAC setting, & account type: Windows 7, No SP, 32 bit, Default, Admin account.
5. Other security and utility software running: None just CIS v5
6. CIS AV database version: Not applicable

We would very much appreciate it if you would edit your first post to create an issue report in line with the bug forum guidelines and format here. You can copy and paste the format from this topic.

In particular in the case of your bug please also post screenshots to illustrate the problem. We’d also like to know if the file properties sheet is a windows explorer properties sheet.

To understand the reasons why we ask you to follow these guidelines please see below.

WHY WE ASK YOU TO FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES
Bugs/issues can be impossible or very time consuming to fix if developers don’t have enough information to reproduce them. Since CIS is free, development time is limited. So if you want your issue fixed, please use the format below to describe it.

To avoid clutter, issues not described in the format below your post will not be moved to the ‘moderator verified’ issues topic. This means that the developers may not look at it.

Best wishes and many thanks in anticipation

Mouse

Thankyou for posting in the requested format

Forwarding to verified bugs.

Best wishes

Mouse

Hi Guys,

Not much help in my message below except confirming what the original poster reported

Win 7 x64 is not available currently in order to provide an image

The only little thing to add - it is not v4 or v5 issue

I am using the latest v3 (firewall only) and the described behaviour was the case from the day one V3 was installed on win 7 x64 (nothing like that on XP Pro 32bit)

Definitely it is not convenient at all, but since I don’t have many alerts from v3 except a few after Comodo v3 installations on any given Win 7 system - once in a blue moon I can just move the Property Page window :wink:

Cheers!

That is odd. I don’t remember having this problem until I upgraded to CIS v5…

Hi Agent24, thanks for the reply

Nothing odd - that’s one of the bugs that migrated from versions to version

That was easy to reproduce as soon as I got hold of Win 7
Just started an installation of any Software that I came across (Chrome Portable in this case) without switching to Installation Mode

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/7581/propertiesbehind.th.png
& here we go

Cheers!