"File groups" isn't obvious to reach or edit

Subject says it all: you need to remember that you need to drill down to “My protected files” then click on the “Groups” button in order to reach the file groups. Once there, you can’t add a global file type (i.e., “.txt"), but you need to browse to a specific file of the desired type, then edit it to replace the full name with "”.

Definitely not what I’d call user-friendly, or even logical.

There is one empty slot in Defense+ common tasks, lets place My File Groups there :slight_smile:
But since file groups are used by all components, maybe will be better for it to be in Miscellaneous

Yes…I agree. :-TU

I found similar comments in old posts for CFP:

“The option to add a file group is buried, and should be more easily accessible from all relevant areas within the program.” Posted here

“Even better would be the option to add a file group directly from the security policy window, and then drag and drop files into the group (like the “new folder” option in windows). That would make things really simple.” Posted here

Once there, you can't add a global file type (i.e., "*.txt"), but you need to browse to a specific file of the desired type, then edit it to replace the full name with "*".
It's not correct. You can select Add-Browse, then in top string ("Add new item") you can type *.txt. Comodo will ask you

And you should answer YES.
So It’s very simple

[attachment deleted by admin]

Or in your case, Da. :slight_smile: I need to go add .cmd and .com to my executables list.

Thanks for the tip. But since you had to point it out, it just proves my point that it’s far from obvious. CIS is great product overall, but the GUI needs a serious overhaul, IMO. It’s quite evident that Mr. Comodo’s idea of logic and his thought processes are unlike anyone else’s… :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t know what to say about this… I’ve jast tried - so this was logical for me =) If you have a textbox for typing - why just don’t try to type? :wink:

If you have a textbox for typing - why just don't try to type?

Because it’s hidden under the “Browse…” button, which is hidden in the “Add” button which isn’t really a button, but a dropdown list. Too many clicks.

For one thing - when you double click an item, it tells you you can’t edit it, and instead tells you you should go to the “My File Groups.” Which is great, except “My File Groups” is easily opened by clicking on the “Groups…” button. So why doesn’t the interface simply open the window the user needs?

And why are there three items in an “Add” dropdown list? Why aren’t they simply just separate buttons?

And why is purge manual? Why can’t it be automatic, and just get rid of that button?

And why even show the items in the groups if they can’t be edited directly?

And why does “Apply” close the window? Shouldn’t it be “OK”? Isn’t it the convention to use “OK” to save and close a window, and “Apply” to apply the changes without closing the window?

Yeah, this is pretty power user stuff (:NRD). Needs a bit of work.

i agree… not user friendly.

+1