File/folder protection will not cover all users on some machines [Issue: #139]

See:https://forums.comodo.com/resolvedoutdated-bugs-cis/default-file-groups-are-limited-to-the-installing-user-t57210.0.html

I report this over a year ago (CIS 3.9) and it has not been fixed. Why? This looks to me to be an important security issue as other users will not have there start menu protected.

Temporary files files group contains:

C:\Users\ADMIN_NAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files*

Startup folders contains:

C:\Users\ADMIN_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

These will only protect the user who installed CIS. It would be better to use a wild card for the users name and protect all users. Probably should also have a wild card at the end as well.

Windows 7 64 bit
CIS 5.0 Build 1135 clean install

Hi tcarrbrion

This is a known bug, just not fixed yet in this version…

Yes it’s bug 139 in the mods bug tracking system. It is currently marked as assigned for action, so, maybe soon!

I fear that in the past it may have been felt that the presence of ‘all users’ in the protected file path means that all users were protected. Of course it does not mean this at all…

Best wishes

Mouse

Note to Devs.

This has been passed on for further action, though full bug report information is not appended becuase:

1. It’s a reiteration of an old bug, which is fully documented in Bugzilla
  2. The bug is not dependant on software platform, so that information is not relevant
  3. All relevant info from the format is provided
  4. It predates the new format

This is NOT fixed in 5.3.174622.1216.

Noted thanks, will update Bugzilla.