Feedback on Help, FAQs and Guides

Some time has gone since the first testrun begun.

In sense of daily practical use, may we get to the sacred question :slight_smile:

Are we still using this setup when browsing internet or visiting the bank ?

Thanks for a nice guide and review!

I noticed that if a have any browser set as a force program in Sandboxie that I cannot run it in the Comodo sandboxie without Sandboxie interfering. Is the Virtual Kiosk really secure when it cannot prevent Chrome from running under Sandboxie? I am not trying to say anything bad about Comodo but this does make me think the Kiosk might not make banking more secure.

Thanks for the feedback, which i have merged into the feedback topic. I hope that is OK

Ye it would be interesting to hear feedback about whether people are using the guide long term.

Sandboxing a sandboxed program is a big ‘ask’, so I don’t think (IMO) failure to handle that should make people doubt it’s security.

Hi,

Having problems with the v7 CIS Firewall update, so I tried to uninstall. Used the uninstaller tool (or cleanup tool) batch file and it hasn’t removed it all.

I no longer get a popoup saying that Comodo can’t start on boot, but Comodo still appears in the Programs list.

OS is XP SP3, with NOD32 v4 AV.

One more thing - the uninstaller seems to have broken my version of MS ActiveSync - it can’t see my PDA any more and I just get a black square in the system tray where the icon used to be. Further update. Another reboot seems to have fixed ActiveSync. Comodo is still in Programs list, though.

Just reporting this as requested in the "Completely uninstalling CIS " thread so the tool can become further improved.

It’s a pity Comodo can’t engineer an uninstaller correctly in the first place, rather than rely on community developed batch files.

Thanks for the feedback.

Can you give me a link to the guide you followed please? It should say ‘use the normal uninstaller first then the batch file’

I agree there should be an official one. The current main one is adapted from a former semi-official uninstaller coded by a Geekbuddy.

Best wishes

Mike

The page in question has links for version 5.x and 6.x, but the current version is 12.x. Please update accordingly.

You’re posting in a thread from over 6 years old. What exactly are you looking for?

I was looking at a topic pinned to the top of a forum (The Comodo Forum > Security Products & Services > Comodo Internet Security - CIS > Help - CIS > Firewall Help - CIS (Moderators: mertavunduk, C.O.M.O.D.O RT) > Help, FAQs and Guides, link: https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis-b135.0/), Topic: Help, FAQs and Guides, link https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis/help-faqs-and-guides-t95124.0.html that should have helped me with a CIS sandbox problem, however it had not been updated since release 6. That topic had a link to this page asking for feedback. I clicked the link and provided the requested feedback.

The reply to my post further reinforces my feedback: a pinned article that’s 6 releases out of date requests feedback to a page at which said feedback is unwelcome. The page should either be updated (for the current release and to remove the feedback link or provide an updated feedback link) or at the very least unpinned.

You have to burrow down further: https://forums.comodo.com/defense-sandbox-help-cis-b136.0/