Hi! My name is Nathan Koepke, and I would like to suggest a few features and a fix for Comodo Internet Security:
1.Fix: For some odd reason when I leave my computer on, cfp.exe uses up considerable amounts of CPU power.
2.Fix: Comodo AntiVirus does not show up as providing antispyware capabilities in Windows Security Center.
3.Suggestion: E-mail scanning in Comodo Antivirus
4.Suggestion: When I tested my firewall in PC Flank, it shows that my firewall does not support blocking redirectors. Therefore, if you could implement redirector blocking in CIS/CFW if you can, that would be very much appreciated.
5.Suggestion: An option to protect the HOSTS file.
If you can implement these suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated.
Are you using any other security software?
- Could be a conflict with any other running software
- This must be a Bug (I’m running win7 x64 and it sees CIS as antispyware product
- CIS Scans two main areas Memory/Hard Disk if a virus is not on one of those then it’s not on your PC,
- This is interesting, I’ll test later
- HOSTS file should already be protected from unknown modification (Safe Apps are allowed to access it in “safe mode D+”
hope this helps
I am using Avast AV 5.3 with Immunet Protect. However, I have D+ turned off as I am using Avast’s behavior guard and I just use the Firewall portion of the CIS software. I have removed something that might be causing the problem (Remobo VPN software) and it should be good now.
Thank you for your help!