False positive? utt**.tmp.exe - uTorrent update

Here’s what happened:
[1] uTorrent prompts me to update the program, if I want to automatically download the update. I click ‘yes’.
[2] Some 20 seconds later I get a Comodo antivirus popup saying a virus has been detected.
[3] I quarantine the virus, and uTorrent prompts me that the update-process can’t be started and that I should manually download from www.utorrent.com.
[4] I try to manually start the automatic download in uTorrent > Help > Check for Updates (this is not the manual download from the website ofcourse) and it gives me the same problems.

Virus Signature Database Version: 2378

Check the screenshot for the file names.

Is this a false positive? Or should I be worried?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi goldstriker,

Can you please upload the detected files for our analysis.You can follow this link to submit files https://forums.comodo.com/false_positivenegative_reporting_is_this_a_malware_that_cis_hasnot_detected/webinterface_for_malware_and_falsepositive_submissions-t41462.0.html.

Regards,

Vaishnavi.V.K

Maybe a stupid question, but I can’t find the file on my PC. I can’t even find the map ‘Local Settings’ on my PC. Any idea how to find it?

Edit: found it after a howto-search on google; it’s a normally hidden folder :wink:

Edit 2: submitted some of the files.

Hi goldstriker,

Thanks for submission.There is no problem with the submitted files and u can add those alerts to your exclusion list.

Regards,

Vaishnavi.V.K