False Notification for Comodo Firewall Updates

Hi folks,

I keep getting reminders that Comodo Firewall has New Updates … and when I want to go through the update I notice that in fact it is NOT AN UPDATE … it is the same version that I have already installed.

Q1: Why I keep getting these FALSE Notification? ???
And how can I Turn them OFF?

Q2: How can I keep my “Learned” history for the Firewalll instead of going through it all over again?

Q3: This Question is about the Forum … why Signing into the forum is based on 1 hour, or 1 day or … why not just sign in and sign out?

Thanks,

G! :slight_smile:

Have you been making changes to your trusted vendor list? If so, there is a bug that prompts you to update after making any changes, and the update will restore the default list.

If you are using Vista, you might want to check this out.
CIS keeps telling me that there are updates available !

I never have to sign in to the forum. Are you clearing out your browser cookies on a regular basis?

Hi HeffeD,

THANKS for taking the time and respondign to my Newbie Qs.

I don’t even know where I would have to go to make any changes to the “Trusted Vendor List”. I just leave everything in standard mode. I uninstalled my current Comodo Firewall and reinstalled it again. And that fixed my problem for now.

BTW, during the install the installation program asked me if I want the “Comodo Netwrok Service” installed and I opted Yes … what the heck does it do exactly??? FYI, I only use the Firewalll portion without AV portion.

Well … I don’t understand why a Forum would want to keep someone LOGGED in “FOREVER”??? ??? To me it almost sounds like someone wants to try something “Funnny”! 88)

Thanks again!

Welcome to the Forum, gonwk

The ‘Log in Forever’ means that next time you browse to the Forum, you won’t have to log in as it will remember who you are. You can change the option to 1 hour or 1 day (24 hours) if you prefer.

There are Cookies which are one of temporary files. It is generated every time you visit websites.
It is located in your ‘Temporary Internet Files’ folder.
It has some informations about your PC including ID/PASSWORD.
But some websites have the options what you talked about.
Because when you use a PC at the public place cookies is really important for security reason.
If somebody takes the cookies which is not expired, he can login to the website where you visited.
Also if you visit malicious website after visit another site, a hacker can take your cookies then he can
login with that cookies instead of typing ID/PASSWORD.
But there are some people want to stay a website for a long or short time which has a cookie control for login,
that’s why those options exist.
Don’t forget! When you log out from the websites, click ‘LOG OUT’.
It makes your cookies expired.
If you don’t click ‘log out’ before you close web browser,in case of some website,
somebody still can take your not expired cookies.
If he visits the website where you visited with new opened web browser, his browser can log in the website
automatically.

It can be found under Defense + → Common Tasks.

BTW, during the install the installation program asked me if I want the "Comodo Netwrok Service" installed and I opted Yes ... what the heck does it do exactly!?!? FYI, I only use the Firewalll portion without AV portion. G! :)
The driver is needed for the program to function. It gets installed for all configurations of CIS. Nothing to worry about

Hi John B, Creasy and ericJH,

Appreciate all of you guys responses and Help! Stuff a little more clear to me now!

Thanks again!