Fake website (can you spot it?)

Hello,

I just took the McAfee Site Advisor Quiz and scored an 8 out of 10.

It is a bit tricky, how well can you do?

Justin

lol Wow I got 10 out of 10 The hardest one was the second from the last
I just guess on that one,

I just did it and got 10 out of 10 ;D
I’ve done it before tho :stuck_out_tongue:

Ragwing

So so far we have a tie

(:WIN)

Lol nice job guys, I missed 2 because I was too lazy to read the actual information on the site/e-mail (:TNG)

YOU ANSWERED 10 OF 10 QUESTIONS CORRECTLY Rating: Safety Guru
A bit US-centric & I couldn't see the URLs (and IP with the correct add-on) all the time. Which, unless your DNS has been poisoned, is the usual give anyway.

7/10 for me :(, but #6 didn’t count because for some reason it wouldn’t load up both pictures, so I took a wild guess. Also, I couldn’t proceed to #2 with Opera, so I had to resort to IE :o

I usually spot the fakes based on its poor grammer. However, are real-life scamming sites always going to include grammatical errors?

Of course not, if somebody really good is after your identity, I’m sure they wouldn’t make a few mistakes in grammer. That is why you always want to check the URL of the website if you have to enter any personal info (credit card #, Social Security #, etc…)

Or you could just use Verification Engine :smiley:

Justin

Well, so far so good. I haven’t gone broke or lost my house because of any phishing sites ;D

I got 9 out of 10, but it doesn’t matter since I won’t trust anything that is being sold off the net. I need to see the product in real life.

9/10 not bad (:KWL)

I agree with Soya. It is very silly (to me) that a web page is considered bogus because it has spelling/grammatical errors or formatting inconsistencies… This implies that genuine site developers never make these mistakes (which they do) & scammers always make these mistakes (which they don’t).