Fails the leak test!

Hello Melih,

It’s nice to know that in this computer software world with typically terrible support, their’s someone who cares about his products. I posted this is the forum under the Comodo Firewall heading but don’t have an answer. The Firewall downloaded perfectly but, in running the leak test it failed. Any suggestions on what to do to correct this problem? I’m an ex-Zone Alarm user and was very happy with their product until their last upgrade caused serious problems with Windows XP Pro. Had a terrible time removing Zone Alarm completely but finally success. I know I’m not alone because many others have reported running into the same difficulty. So, here I am using your firewall, which by the way, I find very user friendly, my sincere compliments!

Hoping you can come up with a solution,

Alan

Alan

We are not supposed fail any leak tests!
So something is wrong! Lets identiy what this is.
pls provide us with more information about which leak it fails, any rules u have, router u use etc.

Melih

Hello Melih,

The leak test is your own “Comodo Parent Injection Leak test” from your web site. The rules are whatever your default rules are, I’ve not changed anything. The router is a Linksys model # WRT54GS wireless but my computer is wired into it and not using the wireless feature. Hope this information is helpful.

Regards,

Alan

i had the same problem too.with default settings,comodo failed to startup at windows startup.no point in keepin a firewall which has to be started manually everytime.so i uninstalled it in one day.if u can shaed some light into this/rectify it,i am more than happy to install comodo agin.it is a great firewall when it is on.

Hmmmm, did you enable Component Monitor? If you have it on Learning Mode… you know why.

Well, I tried everything I could think of to no avail. On top of that my computer started to hang up in the when trying to close a task so, for lack of any other solutions, I removed Comodo Firewall and the computer’s running fine again, a real disappointment!