Failed to update the virus signature database

I know this sounds like a broken record but I have read post after post with problem and tried what they said to do but with same result I seem to like program but am starting to get unimpressed with this.I have ver 5.5.195786.1383 XP pro ver. 2002 serv. pk3. I am not a computer ■■■■ so I kind of need detail. I hope someone can help me with this as I would like to keep this program.
Thanks for your time

Try the workaround described in Where can i download the latest full AV database?.

Does that do the trick for you?

Try using “download.comodo.com on port:80” as a proxy connection. Strangely it works like a charm for me, for no apparent reason.

There can be an issue with WMI wich gives the “update failed” error

Try Rebuilding the WMI Repository:

net stop winmgmt

Using Windows Explorer, navigate to %systemroot%\system32\wbem directory and delete the Repository directory. By default, the repository folder is located in the C:\Windows\system32\wbem directory.

Switch to Command Prompt window, and type:

net start winmgmt

Re-registering the WMI components

If you are running a 64-bit system you might also need to check for .DLLs and .EXE files in %windir%\sysWOW64\wbem.

To re-register the WMI components, run the following commands at the command prompt:

cd /d %windir%\system32\wbem
for %i in (.dll) do RegSvr32 -s %i
for %i in (
.exe) do %i /RegServer

@ addyteddy. That is a solution for problems with WIndows Updater. This topic is about the AV updater of CIS.