Failed Shields up on two things

I ran a shields up scan and found that i had two problems

1. I use an application called spyblocker to block ads and various malware but i found that if i
    have it listening on port 80 shields up shows port 80 as open and when i start spyblocker i get this warning

You may have a program/firewall blocking/using port 80 this port is used to replace blocked advertisments with transparent ones.

is there anyway i can configure CPF to allow access to this program as well as stealth the port
as this was set automatically in sygate, when i block spyblocker in application monitor the port shows as stealthed

1. this was shown as a fail on shields up
    Ping Reply: RECEIVED (FAILED) — Your system REPLIED to our Ping (ICMP Echo) requests, making it visible on the Internet. Most personal firewalls can be configured to block, drop, and ignore such ping requests in order to better hide systems from hackers. This is highly recommended since “Ping” is among the oldest and most common methods used to locate systems prior to further exploitation.

Rhys

Edit: i connect to the internet through a modem and not a router

My system also fails the ShieldsUp ping test. However, this is not a failure of CPF (nor of earlier software firewalls that I have used), but the response of my DSL “modem” (really also a NAT router)
that cannot be altered by me. My ISP (BellSouth) uses pings of my “modem” as part of its “keep alive” procedure; if a ping fails, they know I’m not there and can release the IP address. I consider this to be no failure, in spite of Steve Gibson’s claims.

CPF must ask you about Act as a server request for that application. When it asks, remember the answer and Allow. It wont do anything wrong to your stealth status.

2. this was shown as a fail on shields up [b]Ping Reply: RECEIVED (FAILED) — Your system REPLIED to our Ping (ICMP Echo) requests, making it visible on the Internet. Most personal firewalls can be configured to block, drop, and ignore such ping requests in order to better hide systems from hackers. This is highly recommended since "Ping" is among the oldest and most common methods used to locate systems prior to further exploitation.[/b]

Rhys

Edit: i connect to the internet through a modem and not a router

This should be about your ADSL modem. They have simple routers inside. For example, if your IP address is something like 192.168.1.101, this means you are in a LAN with your modem being a gateway PC.

Egemen

when i used spyblocker with sygate i allowed it to listen on port 80 but not to act as a server is there anyway that this can also be set for CPF

on the ICMP echo is there any need for me to allow ICMP in and ICMP out or is this not necessary in a single computer and can safely be blocked

Edit

I downloaded a fresh copy of cpf 2.3.5.62 from the comodo firewall because of connection problems
the strange thing is that the firewall passes all Shields up tests now

to be honest this firewall still seems to be a little glitchy at the moment because i was unable on several tries to connect my dsl connection with comodo firewall (getting a time out error on isp connection) but my other PC with sygate in place connected first time.

Rhys