failed installation blocked internet...

i tried to install the latest CIS but it stucked and when i tried to remove it,it won’t go and i’m stucked with no ability to surf…i can connect to internet BUT i can’t surf…so i decided to format and reinstall windows…

why the failed installation blocked my web surfing?

I think Firewall kernel have been installed but no rules for aplications set, by default all connections are blocked.
So your browser restricted to surf the net. You could use Windows Restore point to fix it without reinstalling Windows

other solution rather than using restore? i don’t have such function in my computer…

:o dont’have? You have it. Use Windows help center

i’m using customized cd…and i have remove restore function before i burned the cd…

Try to turn off firewall driver in options of your internet connection (if it installed)

i also removed firewall…so no restore,firewall…

I mean Comodo Firewall. I don’t now how it looks in English version of Windows, but I try to translate.
It seems you use Windows XP :slight_smile:
Start - Connections - Show all (or open rmb), right click on icon of internet connection - Properties (or options)
Look for comodo firewall driver and if it present turn it off
or try to create new internet connection

please give me more option…coz i’m afraid to install comodo again…the 1st AV that forced me to format my computer when the installation failed…

Try this clean up tool. Does that do the trick for you?

i actually have formatted the hdd…BUT i want to know why after the failed installation,the ‘residue’ blocked my internet surfing…unable me to surf…i used the tool b4…still same…i try with winsock repair…still same…

now my pc is running again BUT without CIS installed…so b4 i install CIS for once more,i need to know the reason or solution-what should i do if it happened again and my internet has been blocked by CIS…

It is very hard to tell without being able to investigate.

The usual suspect would be other security prorgram that run in the background together with CIS as well as left overs of previously uninstalled security programs.

Since you are doing a clean install the chances are high it will work out. To be certain make a system restore point before instaling CIS. I cannot give a guarantee it will work though.

Let us know how things go.