failed install - can't use internet

i installed comodo on one of my machines no problems - but on the second it really ■■■■■■■ things up.

on the second machine it can’t find its uninstaller - has a problem loading “cant load resources” and my internet won’t work - even though the connection icon in the control panel says it is.

I installed in the morning - it was running a scan of the computer and i let it while i went to work, when i got home - let it delete some threats it found and rebooted. then got the can load resources. I tried uninstall - it cant find some program. tried to uninstall from the control panel- it failed and took the applet out of the list. tried to reinstall and it says its already installed and would i like to uninstall… click yes and then nothing-

how do i uninstall/reinstall/delete it???

running win xp sp3 - installer was version 3.8.65951.477

Ouch, that’s pretty ■■■■■■■ up. Your best bet is trying a system restore, that should keep CIS from running at windows startup. (just remember to restore to a point BEFORE the CIS installation)

I had an almost identical situation. Comodo was scanning when my system caught the BSOD. No internet after rebooting(could not obtain IP from DHCP and static ip did not work) and most programs would freeze when loading. I was running XP SP2(can’t give version # upgraded since). Anyhow, to fix this, I killed the cmdAgent.exe program that was running(sc stop cmdAgent didn’t work, taskmanager did the trick though). Then, I renamed and moved :\program files\comodo directory, and proceeded to search the registry for entries of “C:\program files\comodo” and simply “comodo”. It was pretty greasy so I certainly wouldn’t recommend that to the average user. Perhaps the dev team could check out building a fix around this if it becomes a widespread problem. I plan on giving comodo another chance on this pc after applying several updates, and I may post my results.

Can you please check to see if the uninstaller is still here ?:

c:\program files\comodo\comodo internet security\cfpconfg.exe

If so open a command-box and issue:

cd "\program files\comodo\comodo internet security" press [ENTER]
cfpconfg -u press [ENTER]

This should bring up the installer.