Exception Breakpoint

it doesnt freeze as such eric, its gets slow and jerky to operate, i can move the mouse and change a page, even now when i click on minimise the page sometimes itsll stay there for a few seconds then minimise it, ive changed the mouse from wireless to ps2 and usb mouse and they all do it the same, and this is with the recent v57 cid install too, sometimes i get right at the top of the page above the title bar and it says icedragon is not responding and then it comes good again, then it might not happen again for hours or even 2-3 days, theres something not right in cid, it doesnt like something in there, w7 ultimate has been reinstalled nearly as many times as cid has and its still there, doesnt matter what version cid ive installed

Does the problem with the mouse only happen with CID or also with other programs? I have seen that behaviour on Win 7 because Windows Update would be running continuously maxing out one core of the processor. Can you see if you have svchost.exe use one processor core? On my quad core system it would continuously use 25%. If that is the problem that needs a separate fix. I could guide you with it but that requires a separate topic.

To get back on topic. We need a website that uses a plugin, typically Flash, to be able to test and get a crash dump file for plugin-container.exe. I imagine you have sites you visit regularly during a week. I guess one of them will use a plugin that will trigger CID to start plugin container. Could you start CID and open one by one sites you regularly visit and keep an eye on task manager to find out what site triggers plugin-container.exe to run? Once that is done you can produce the crash dump file as shown by ploget.

w7 update is up to date as of this morning, i have it set to download updates but i choose whether to install them, ill turn the updates off altogether for a week and see if that stops the mouse, page hanging issue, as far as the crash dump goes ive tried to do it, but just cant, ill have to get my friend to do it next time hes over, what i did see in task manager in the processes tab was a plugin container as being there but i dont know what site its was being used on and activated on

cheers ozz

When you see plugin-container in Task Manager then we can create a crash dump without having to wait for it. Ploget pointed to instructions on how to do that with this link: https://support.asperasoft.com/hc/en-us/articles/216127158-How-to-create-a-crash-dump-in-Windows .

i tried 3 times now and obviously im doing something wrong somewhere, its just to advanced for me, dont worry tho, im gunna get this sorted once and for all, coz i know its an cid problem, the issue is for me with so many complaints of the same thing happening to others you cant twll me cid doesnt know about it from google, coz that is where the complaints are and nothing has been done, well im going to get something done about it !!!

The dmp file should be made in the temp folder with a path that looks like this: P:\Users%username%\AppData\Local\Temp. The string %username% is a vairable that denotes the name of the user. To access the AppData folders you need to make sure to show hidden files and folders in Explorer.

A quick way to go to the temp folder is to type in %temp% in the address bar of Explorer and type enter. The crash dump file will be named plugin-container.dmp. When you find the file zip it.

youre just not getting it eric are you, i just dont know how to do or read this software stuff, and thats it in a nutshell

i will get pete to do it, and show me how, once im show im good with it, but beleive mate after its been near 3 yrs of CID issues with the same issuses happening for others too, im over it and it is GOING to be FIXED, 1 way or the other, i can and will assure you of that, i dont care how long it takes to do, but its going to be DONE
i do have to say 1 thing tho, you help and support i couldnt do this with out it, it seems to be running better but still hangs for a page change and ive made no changes, this is all ive got in plugins, all ive ever had, so im buggered if i know kmate, ive tried disabling 1 by 1, see it comes and goes, it might not do it for days then it does it 3-4 times in a day,within 3 hours period, then when a restart is wont do it again till the next time, also erich, windows defender alerted me to scan so i did that too, and near 4 hours later, no issues

I tried to the best of my helping skills to guide you. So we just wait until your friend stops by to help you further to get this bug nailed.

I will keep an eye on this topic. I will get notified when you replied. We will get this worked out.

To make things easier for your friend so he doesn’t have to go through this topic I reiterate what information we are looking for. He needs to look for a crash dump in \Users%username%\AppData\Local\CrashDumps folder. In case there was no dump created there he can have Task Manager create the crash dump as described in this article. To access the AppData folders he needs to make sure to show hidden files and folders in Explorer.

i know youve tried to help me eric and i appreciate it greatly, thankyou, its just to advanced for me to do, and its frustrating to me that i cant

cheers ozz