Everything being run in sandbox. When click on info in pending files it says err

Hi,

Is there a problem with the servers as utiliites that were not being run in sandbox are now being run in sandbox and when I click look up file in Pending files it just says error??

Is there a problem

I am using CIS 4

Cheers

Jlo31

Sorry you are having difficulties.

Probably two separate problems?

There have been a few server problems over the last few days - and I have experienced the same error as you.

Re your sandboxed utilities, it would help to know which have just started being sandboxed, and whether their vendor was, and still is, listed as trusted. Alternatively have any entries disappeared from My Safe Files? Sometimes the latter happens on reboot, and this fact can help to diagnose what is wrong.

Best wishes

Mouse

tom Tom home 2
Tyre.exe
hp/hpsoftware
Google EULA

are a few files in the pending box. I am sure the sandbox did flag a few of these when I first used Comodo and then it stopped flagging them once they were submitted and validated. As said in the previous post if I click on look up in pending files it used to say unknown and if they were known they would have disapeared from the pending files box.

How ever now when I look up a file it just says error?

I am wondering if it cant look up these files on start up and thus is sandboxing everything. I know I could manually run them outside sandbox but don’t want to so other users can benefit when the files are added to safe list.

Cheers

Jlo31

I can see why you think there may be a server problem causing the sandbox problems - its certainly possible. You could raise this as a bug.

For the moment though lets try to resolve your problem. Try defining the affected files as safe files (or if this fails as installers/updaters) using the procedure described in ‘Introduction to the sandbox’ - see link in signature below.

Re Google EULA please check whether this is a program, and if so what its filename is (eg xxxx.exe or xxxx.com etc). If a google program, it should be regarded as safe due to the entry for google in your trusted vendor list, so please check if the entry for google is still there. If not it will cause other problems so please add it by navigating to ‘My Trusted Vendors’ ~ Add ~ then ask CIS to read the signature from the executable or running process.

Best wishes

Mouse

It seems to be able to look up the files now so server must be fixed.

Thanks for you help.

Jlo31