Event ID 1 errors for cmdagent in COMODO Internet Security Trace eventlog

Hi. No solution needed, just hoping for an opinion…

Using CFW version 8.4.0.5165 in Win 10Pro x64 ver 1607 build 14393.447 with HIPs, AutoSandbox and Viruscope alongside AvastFree AV. (Same set up worked happily for years on Win7Pro).

Thousands of event ID 1 errors for cmdagent in COMODO Internet Security Trace eventlog. No idea when started as log limit probably dropped off earlier events - could have gone back to when I finally gave in and upgraded to Win 10. No idea if error was related to put-up-with BSODs happening randomly when resetting sandbox after using chrome browser - hadn’t happened in Win 7.

Minidump in BlueScreenView blamed ntoskrnl.exe as cause (as useful to me as knowing something inside my pc was cause) with bug check string: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and bug check code: 0x0000000a.

I found this advice: “Bug check code: 0x0000000a indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This bug check is issued if paged memory (or invalid memory) is accessed when the IRQL is too high. This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses. The error that generates this bug check usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS.”

I hadn’t changed or installed anything (apart from CFW up-dating itself at some point) so before furtling with driver updates, I wondered what would happen if I just flashed the old Asus mobo’s BIOS. The most recent update available to download was four years old (never saw need to take the risk). Once done the cmdagent errors in eventviewer all stopped! And so far the BSODs haven’t repeated when resetting the sandbox.

Could an old BIOS cause cmdagent to trip up in Win 10 but not in Win 7?

Hi,

Please attach a diagnostics report & minidumps.

Thanks.