- What you did: Attempted to manually run the update procedure
- What actually happened or you actually saw: Two things - wasn’t able to save the configuration file, and wasn’t able to successfully complete the update process (received an error 0x80072efd)
- What you expected to happen or see: Firewall updated
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: Nothing much I can do. There were no errors logged in my local Application, Security or System logs. There were also no entries in Comodo’s logs.
- If it’s an application compatibility problem have you tried the application fixes here?: N/A
- Details & exact version of any application (except CIS) involved with download link: Win7 Pro x32
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so precise steps to make it happen: Yes. Try to save the configuration to a file on any media. Try to run the update manually.
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): Not certain. Since no events are being logged anywhere it’s a bit difficult to make a determination. Also, I’m unable to find the error code “0x80072efd” on the forum anyplace.
Screenshots illustrating the bug: Appended
Screenshots of related CIS event logs or the Defense+ Active Processes List: No events being posted.
A CIS config. report or file: Unable to save one.
Crash or freeze dump file: Not applicable
CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: Firewall only, version 5.3.176757.1236
a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4: No. The current version was a clean install.
a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No.
Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): No changes.
Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: D+=Safe Mode, Sandbox=N/A, Firewall=Safe Mode, AV=N/A
OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Win7 Pro,none,x32,Disabled,Administrator
Other security and utility software installed: Avira Antivir version 10.0.0.611
Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box): Physical laptop, not a VM
I’m running the firewall only, version 5.3.176757.1236, with Win7 Pro x32. Except for February’s patches I’m fully up to date.
A week or two back I tried checking for updates – which I have configured for manual – and the first thing I always do is export my configuration. This has always worked in the past when I was using XP, but now my laptop is running Win7 and this is the first time I’ve tried it with the new OS (which was a clean install, not an upgrade). Attempting to save the file to either my C: or D:, which are logical partitions of the same physical drive, gave me the error “Unable to export the configuration. Please make sure you have enough rights for the path” (see Comodo Error 1.png).
I also got the same error when I tried to save the file to a thumb drive and external hard drive. I’m running as administrator with UAE turned off. All of the aforementioned drives read/write files just fine with every other program, so it’s only Comodo which has the problem.
Since I was not able to save the configuration file I opted to just see if any updates were available, assuming that if there were none I would just deal with the problem later. However, when I did a message popped up that merely said “0x80072efd” (see Comodo Error 2.png).
I tried searching the forum for that string, but came up with no hits. Neither of these errors posted anything in the local Application, Security or System logs, so I wasn’t able to get any ideas that way either. Has anyone else had these problems?
[attachment deleted by admin]