Error when installing COMODO v3 (on fesh installed XP SP3)

Hallo,

I’ve got a problem with installing COMODO v3! when i want to install I see this error (see schreenshot). I have worked with it before without problems…!?! I don’t know why it doesn’t want to install now…
here’s the link:

Sorry, the error is in dutch because I’m dutch!

It say’s error2: the system can’t find goal target (or something like that (:AGL))

Please can someone help me pleazzz…? I really want COMODO v3 back again!!!
Thank you very much!!

GreetzzZ killman

please help! (:SAD)

Where did you download it from and what version are you using?

http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/download_firewall.html
latest version v3.0.24.368

Do you have 32 or 64 bit. Delete your download and reboot then download a fresh copy and try again.

I have 32-bit, okay I shall give it a try, thank you for helping me!

I deleted the file, then rebooted the pc and downloaded the file as new. Again the error… I don’t know what is wrong… I’m Administrator with full controll…?!?
What’s wrong here…

GreetzzZ killman

To killman,

I will not say I know what is wrong and I am more or less trying to put the comments of three threads together. But question do your have an AMD or an intel processor? Some are maintaining sp3 and AMD athlons have problems. ( I hope not because I am ordering a new computer with an AMD and XP and plan to update to Sp3—I guess I will soon find out )

But you now basically know after downloading two copies of the latest comodo, that its unlikely to be a bad download. But I would use add remove programs to get rid of the existing copy if any of comodo3. Then I would totally delete the comodo 3 directory from your computer. Then I would recommend the use of a registry cleaning program to try to get comodo 3 and any other errors out of the registry.
Then reboot.

Then I would try another fresh install of comodo3.

Hope that works.

Hallo,

I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 CPU. I will try to download form another site after removing… I’m sick of this, because I always have troubles with things before it just works… (:AGY)
I will try to download from another site and post the result. Thanks for the help!

GreetzzZ killman

Hallo again,

It worked, I searched on google for ‘comodo firewall pro’ and found a download that was working. This is the 3.0.18.309 version. I’ve installed it and it’s now trying to recognize everthing that’s on the pc. Now only one question, what do you recommand to set firewall and defense + level on??
Note: I play games

GreetzzZ killman

You really shouldn’t be using that old of a version. Go to Filehippo and download version 3.0.22.349 or even 3.0.21.329. The version you have is from awhile back.

Here is my gamer sticky.

https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/a_note_to_gamers-t20008.0.html

Hi,

I’ve let COMODO update te version and now it’s 3.0.24.368. Thank’s for the link, I shall take a look at it! (:KWL)

GreetzzZ killman

Hi,

You said put firewall and defense + in training mode so COMODO can learn. Then you say put it back to whatever it first was. But wich setting do you recommand for firewall and defense + after training mode…?
Thanks!

GreetzzZ killman