Error message - Comodo Firewall won't load at bootup [RESOLVED]

Hi,

My Comodo Firewall seems to suddenly have stopped working for some reason. The version I have installed is the 32bit for windows xp version 3.0.22.3.49

When I boot up the computer I get this message:

ERROR: Could not load C:\ProgramFiles\Comodo\Firewall\cfpres.dll Please check if application folder has this file. Aborting application.

I’ve no idea how to check the application folder so I tried to remove Comodo completely in order to reinstall it.

Then, I got the same message as before.

I also tried to install another Comodo Firewall again but it wouldn’t let me since I already had it installed.

My question is how do I uninstall this thing so try a clean, new reinstall or is there some easier way to fix the Error above?

Take a look at the firewall/repair folder for a cfpres.dll and move a copy to the main firewall folder.

And how would I do that?

Navigate through your HD to the location of the comodo program. For me it’s C:\Program Files\COMODO

Open COMODO, and you’ll see a folder called firewall. Similarly go into that.

From there you’ll see a bunch of things, what we’re looking for is the repair folder. Double click on that and look for a file called cfpres.dll. Copy that file and then go back to the firewall folder and paste it there.

Program files->comodo->firewall->repair->firewall

[attachment deleted by admin]

Oh wow that was easy peasy! That message has been bugging me for days now. Thank you so much!! 88)

This Thread is now closed.

If you need this thread reopened, Please PM any online Moderator.