Error: Insufficient resources

Hi i have recently tried to switch back to cis after a while using another av. but ever since i have reinstalled i have received the very same error mentioned in this old forum thread:

https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t43936.0.html

I have the latest version of cis and all updates are installed.
I have tried re-installing and still receive this message after the scan hangs.
I have uninstalled using cpm and revo uninstaller as well as running variance registry scanners to attempt to fix any problems. Problems still persist.

please help me fix this problem as i wish to use cis again but have had to uninstall it until i can solve this problem.

i am also finding that after a system scan hangs and gives error described above, using the diagnostic tool finds problems and requires a restart to fix all the problems.

if i then continue to do another diagnostic (after restarting) no errors are found, but when i run another scan the same problem arises and round and round i go…

please help :frowning:

May be left overs of previously installed security programs are in the way. Please make sure none of them are no longer present.

Try using removal tools for those programs to remove them. Here is a list of removal tools for common av programs: ESET Knowledgebase .

i have tried fully uninstalling all security programs before installing comodo.

i am currently trying the cis beta to see if that works, so will post back.

still receiving the same error using the beta of cis.

thought i should post a copy of the error message here.
“stop (or pause) failed. error code 0x800705aa. insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.”

any ideas what could be causing this?

Try running this clean up tool to be sure all traces of CIS are gone.

Okay. I have done a clean install of windows and CIS but i am still having problems.

Although now i do not recieve the error message the scan hangs after so long and cannot be paused or stopped.
CIS has also stopped responding when scanning a specific directory (the same directory that the full scan usually stops on).

If it helps this directory contains allot of .7z files.

EDIT: Scan stops responding if asked to scan just the .7z files. But full scan does not fail on the .7z files on files that are in a subdirectory of the one containing the .7z files (but not in the .7z files).
hope that makes sense :-\

I am still receiving this error after trying version 5.8. I will have to stick to using Comodo Firewall and Avast as anti-virus

Do you mean there are specific files on which Comodo hangs? Is that both on the full scan and on custom scan?