Error in upgrading

I tried to upgrade from 3.0.25.378 to 3.9.76924.507 which i downloaded from the website; however, setup has failed. I have windows XP. So, what do i do now? I get the error message: Error 0 runtime command when i tried to do setup … :-\

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi,

This seems to be for the CIS product and not Comodo SecureEmail. The CIS forum areas is located here: https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_internet_security_cis_firewall_av_and_defense-b125.0/

Shane.

Might be a little obvious but just to check - your version of Windows is 64bit isnt it? As the version you are trying to install is for 64bit versions Windows.

Jim

Might be a little obvious but just to check - your version of Windows is 64bit isnt it? As the version you are trying to install is for 64bit versions Windows.

I click on the “about” and it says, “cipher strength:” 128 bit :-\

You may like to try this version, it is possible that you have downloaded the wrong version.

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/setups/CIS_Setup_3.9.95478.509_XP_Vista_x32.exe

Let me know how you get on :).

Jim

BTW, i have uninstalled the Comodo firewall and i have the same problem.

Had a quick dig round the Internet and found this error can occur when you have outdated version of Windows Installer.

Please try to update this by downloading and installing from here: Windows Installer 3.1 v2 (3.1.4000.2435) is available - Microsoft Support

and then retry setup.

Jim

Ever since i have installed this firewall, i have more problems than anything. I really don’t have the time to sit and keep researching the why errors. I am gettin really frustrated…i have been trying for 2/3 days on this …i have other obligations in my life, and i am thinking of selecting a different firewall because this is too time consuming and too many problems. I am contemplating just giving up on this and forget it. I am new on computers and really don’t understand all this technical jargons. I really need more dedicated help doing this. Now i can’t install the windows installer and really don’t know which one to use? I have XP service pack 3.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Did you try the link I supplied above, this is a different download that might work on your system.

Basically there are 2 versions of Comodo Internet Security (CIS), one version for Windows 32bit and one for Windows 64bit. You have downloaded the 64 bit version which your system may not ‘understand’ and you will need the 32 bit version.

Please try this link:
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/setups/CIS_Setup_3.9.95478.509_XP_Vista_x32.exe

Jim

I have 128 bit why would i want to go to the lowest 32 bit? I should have the in between 64?

"cipher strength:" 128 bit

You are referring to a cipher strength, this has nothing to do with the version of Windows you are running.

It all depends on how your processor in your computer works. If you are running a 32bit version of Windows like I suspect you are, you will need the 32bit version of CIS.

There is only ever two versions currently: 32Bit (most common at the moment) and 64bit - there is NO 128bit in existance on any system - you are getting confused with your cipher strength which is do with data encryption and nothing to do with this problem.

Please try the download link, as it should solve your problem,

Jim

I did get it installed. Thank you … :slight_smile: