error id: 4

Am hearing great things about Comodo and hoping to join the fun(and protection) but am running into a error that I can find no information on.

Error ID:4 0x3, failed for C:\Documents and settings\my name\applications data\comodo\personal firewall\data\resfiles\actbg.bmp

Any had this message or know a way around it…
(was using zone alarm free ,which I sure I have completly deleted)

anys thoughts ,much appreciated.

rgds
Jorell

Hi Jorell & welcome to the forums.

I’ve seen this before, some how your CFW installation is corrupt. The only resolution that I know of is to un-install & re-install CFW. Also make sure that the CFW setup EXE that you have is the same as the one below.

http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/download/CF_Setup_2.3.6.81.exe (8,113-8,114KB)

thanks for the quick reply… that is the set up exe I am using and I’ve tried uninstalling and reiistalling at least a dozen times … have tried in different location folders , in safe mode ,have defraged and tried cleaning the registry …but all to no avail. I also tried Comodo_2.2.0.11_BETA which did install .So I tried coping the file in C:\Documents and settings\my name\applications data\comodo\personal firewall\data\resfiles\actbg.bmp , then uninstalling and installing CF_Setup_2.3.6.81.exe and pasting the copied files into the new installation ( hope that makes sense ). But still getting the same error message.
Any other ideas ,anyone ?
Jorell

That folder is empty for me… :o ???

That is how it should be.

Jorell

Perhaps you should report this to Comodo Support. You’ll need to register on their system. But, once you’ve done that you can raise a ticket on this issue.