ERROR: Firewall is not functioning properly

Hi,

I installed the latest Comodo Internet Security Premium 5 for Windows x64 on my Win7. All is up to date but on the left hand side of the firewall, I got an error:

Firewall is not functioning properly!
[Run Diagnostics]

Diagnostics reports some problems and offers to fix them – this does not work and it creates a report file (“COMODO Internet Security_FirewallDiagnosticsReport.xml”) (attached is “Diagnostics_Report.zip”

Can anyone help me in order to fix this problem? I was using McAfee Security Suite, which was removed with their removal tool as far as possible before Comodo was installed.
Does any have an idea how to solve this problem?

Many thanks for your help
Toby

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi XTobiasX, it seems I got the same prob.
If you get the error on left firewall CP pane, try to open services CP (Run… → services.msc → ) and look if there’s service named

COMODO Internet Security Helper Service

is it running? if not, try to start it. Does it start?

Hi Buchy Kid,

thanks for your quick reply!
COMODO Internet Security Helper Service is active and running!
Problem remains - firewall problems cannot be fix automatically by the build in repair function
cheers,

PS: I just went through your problem you posted in the forum and all the solutions. I do not believe that we have the same problem since the firewall on my system was never working and didn’t even start since I installed it!

Update:

I’ve tried to allocate any leftovers of previous security tools as well as some registry entries or drivers by using the latest Autoruns as suggested here:

I couldn’t find anything suspicious at all!