error 2 [RESOLVED]

I had Comodo installed and running Ok.
I was trying to download a PDF from another siite and no joy so I uninstalled Comodo to elliminate it from the problem.

I have used JV16 power tools to clean the reg plus cleaner linked from the Comodo site. I have followed all the instructions with no joy…

When I install I get the welcome screen then licence screen followed by destination folder next and it goes straight to extracting files.

It then stops giving me an Error 2 The system cannopt find the file specified and rolls back…

I have re downloaded the program but with no luck…

Thanks in advance

First of all you didn’t have to uninstall Comodo to make your PDF work. Thats where you went wrong. I use Foxit Reader inside Firefox and it works just fine. Did you get a D+ alert about your PDF program? There is no license for Comodo so I am not sure what you mean. Comodo is free. Did you follow all these steps listed in this important sticky note? Did you try to run the batch file?

https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/full_removal_of_comodo_firewall_pro_3_with_safesurf_toolbar_if_regular_uninstall_method_fails-t17220.0.html

By licence I meant the EULA…

I wasnt getting the PDF because of a setting in Internet Options, I had Passive FTP checked within internet options, unchecked it and the PDF came down the tube…

followed all the steps for removal including using the reg cleaner link…

what is the file it cant find, is it something in Windows`?

what is error 2?

thanks in advance

Where did you download Comodo from? Have you tried deleting your download and re downloading another installer?

originally downloaded from here and redownloaded from here…
CFP_Setup_3.0.25.378_XP_Vista_x32.exe

did the original uninstall then used the cleaner, since then it doesn`t install at all, I get the error as above and the install rolls back…
any idea what error 2 is? what file is it looking for?
thanks…

What is your OS. Vista or XP? 32 or 64 bit?

XP pro with sp2

32 or 64 bit?

sorry I missed that…
32 bit

Ok now that we know you are downloading and installing the correct version does the Windows Security Center show no current firewall running?

It does not show any firewall running…

Strangely enough when I Uninstalled Comodo it showed a firewall still runing but when I rebooted there were none…

Thanks for your help but I`ve sussed it. my anti-virus although switched off, the kernel was still running and it seems this was enough to stop the install, switched it off in component services and Comodo loaded, doing a system scan as I post.
Thanks again for your help…

Anything else you need help with?

Thanks, Im running in training` mode for a few days…

Only for a few days. Because your lacking leak & malware protection at the moment.

This thread is now closed.

If you need this thread re-opened, Please PM any online Moderator.