Error 1608 during install

With Comodo Firewall in place, I am trying to install CAV 1.1 and i get this error 1608. Unable to create InstallDriver instance. Am i doing something wrong or what?

Please help :slight_smile:
Thank you

I don’t know what the problem can be, but please, try the latest, most stable beta release: http://antivirus.comodo.com/download/beta/CAVS_Setup_Beta2.0.11.43.exe

i get the same error when trying to install comodo antispam which i opened a topic it antispam section but i have not got any reply?its not happening when installed cavs 2 beta all workin fine.

Error 1608 “Cannot create driver instance” is an InstallShield error code and relates to an “unknown” error, according to Macrovisions (InstallShield’s parent company) website.

Go to www.macrovision.com, go to their support section and search for “1608”. There are several documents detailing how to correct these errors, but it is InstallShield version dependant.

The reason that CAVS2 installs without this error is becuase Comodo recognised the problems they were having with the InstallShield installer and wrote their own installer for CAVS., I believe this self-written installer will be migrated over to the other products, in preference to InstallShield.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

thanks panic,i checked the link and found a solution to installing comodo antispam,ill post what i did in the antispam section so if anyone needs it thanks man