Error 1603 while installing CIS Premium

Sammo
From your topic is not clear.
Before that there was another version of the CIS?
1.If was, what a CIS version?
2. You have other security a programs do you use?
3. You’ve a new CIS 6 installed ? The old version has been removed or to set a new CIS 6?
4. If you have the skill to work of the registry, delete all the entries hands.
Enter - Comodo. Initially check mark -Search the entire word.
Then remove the bottom point and do a search for anything related to the word - Comodo.
5. As far as I remember are 4 or 5 branches of the registry where you need to change the permissions access.
When all remove. Check the search again.
P.S. Remove all the folders Comodo (if left after uninstallation) in OS before working with the registry.

Edit: How did you first tried to delete? Prior to Chiron instructions.

I had uninstalled CIS 5.2 a while ago and tried to install CIS 6 the other day. My computer refused to boot and I was forced to run the cisremove tool in safe mode. Since then I have re run all of your uninstall tools, run several registry cleaners, done manual registry cleaning all to no avail. I still get the 1603 error and just can not usr Comodo any more. Unless there is a resolution to this I can’t even recommend CIS to anyone and will advice them to stay away.

Please try using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility replacement tool found here.

Perhaps that will help.

I usually have little faith in Microsoft stuff but this worked! :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Update: Although CIS works ok there is no tray icon after booting up. After booting up the Comodo folder opens up on my desktop, no tray icon. Also, cfp.exe is not in the task manager list.

Hi Sammo,
The file ‘cfp.exe’ is not present in V6.X.
What are all different processes in CIS V6?

Try resetting the Notification Area Icons cache by choosing your preferred option below.
Notification Area Icons - Reset Win7 Forum
Notification Area Icons - Reset Microsoft

I’m all set. I just uninstalled CIS and reinstalled it and everything is ok now. Not sure what happened with the missing tray icon but CIS was not loading up as well. All fixed now. Thanks!

Great to hear the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility worked. I just updated my advice in this post to better help those who may be in a similar situation.

Thanks.