Error 113 during update

Error 113 every time I try to update…message says the internet connection was intermittent. Internet is working fine.

I’ve had the same problem for many weeks now. Can’t find a way to get it to update so I thought I’d try a search on here and found your post. It’s odd it blames the internet connection being lost when there is clearly nothing wrong with it. No other app’ has a connection problem. It’s almost like Comodo is blocking its own connection maybe? Anybody got an answer?

Hello,

Did you guy’s change anything on the Firewall part for the comodo’s own rules that allow traffic outbound ?
If not i guess the only option would be to make a network packet capture of such an attempt to download the update… any of you familiar with wireshark or tcpdump ?

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.
I’ve never gone very far into configuring comodo beyond its default state as I’ve always found it a bit daunting compared to Zonealarm which I used to use. As for network packet capture??? Sorry to sound so dumb but that’s gone right over my head! I’ll give anything a go if given the right direction. Thanks Ronny for any advice you can give.

Hi

You don’t sound dumb, it’s a very complicated tool so i don’t expect everyone to have the knowledge on how to use it, it would have made things a bit easier to troubleshoot :wink:

If you like we could use a bit more simple program and see if we can find it with that:

Could you download that, and unpack it somewhere.
Start it and press the “Green arrow” now try to generate some traffic and see if anything shows up.

If so run the updater and if the error occurs to to SmartSniff and press the Red button to stop capturing.
Now go to file, save packets data to file.

If that works let us know.

Okay.
Software installed and tested. Update attempted. Packets data saved to file.
What’s next?

I’ve send you a PM with more details, we should not post that file here :wink:

From what i see here is that your on x64 bit vista.
It checks for updates and finds at least the heur.cav file to be in need of updates…

Can you please provide your system details OS/Version/CIS versions etc…
Which version of CIS you did a clean install with and after that did you update to version x ? etc…

Do you have any other security software installed ? being real-time or just on-demand is not important.

Windows XP Pro x64 bit
version 2003 SP2

CIS currently 3.5.57173.439 - I can’t remember install version but it was back in August 2007. I don’t remember many updates since then.

Also running Lavasoft Adwatch build 399 (realtime),
and Grisoft AVG 8.0.237 (firewall not active).

I just tried updating again with Adwatch unloaded but with no luck.

I think the fastest way of upgrading would be to “export” your current config, uninstall.
Reboot, and install the latest version… as 3.5.x av updates are no longer supported.

It does not explain the Error 113 though.

Beware that there are several users having problems with AdAware and 64bit versions in this case on Vista, I haven’t read reports for XP 64, but it could well be.

Hi guys…

Was this ever resolved? I have just bought a new lappy that had Vista Home Premium (32 bit) installed. I have installed CIS and attempted the update.

It failed with error 113.

I have run Wireshark and have seen a number of interesting things.

A couple of examples:

[quote]~…=…SunMonTueWedThuFriSat…JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec…runtime error …

…TLOSS error

…SING error

…DOMAIN error

…R6034

An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
Please contact the application’s support team for more information.

…R6033

• Attempt to use MSIL code from this assembly during native code initialization
    This indicates a bug in your application. It is most likely the result of calling an MSIL-compiled (/clr) function from a native constructor or from DllMain.

…R6032

• not enough space for locale information

…R6031

• Attempt to initialize the CRT more than once.
    This indicates a bug in your application.

…R6030

• CRT not initialized

…R6028

• unable to initialize heap

…R6027

• not enough space for lowio initialization

…R6026

• not enough space for stdio initialization

…R6025

• pure virtual function call

…R6024

• not enough space for _onexit/atexit table

…R6019

• unable to open console device

…R6018

• unexpected heap error

…R6017

• unexpected multithread lock error

…R6016

• not enough space for thread data

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application’s support team for more information.

…R6009

• not enough space for environment

.R6008

• not enough space for arguments

…R6002

• floating point support not loaded

…Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library…

……Runtime Error!

Program: …HH:mm:ss…dddd, MMMM dd, yyyy.MM/dd/yy…PM…AM…December…November…October.September…August…July…June…April…March…February…January.Dec.Nov.Oct.Sep.Aug.Jul.Jun.May.Apr.Mar.Feb.Jan.Saturday…Friday…Thursday…Wednesday…Tuesday.Monday…Sunday…Sat.Fri.Thu.Wed.Tue.Mon.Sun.a/p.am/pm…Illegal byte sequence…Directory not empty.Function not implemented…No locks available…Filename too long…Resource deadlock avoided…Result too large…Domain error…Broken pipe.Too many links…Read-only file system…Invalid seek…No space left on device.File too large…Inappropriate I/O control operation.Too many open files.Too many open files in system…Invalid argument…Is a directory…Not a directory.No such device…Improper link…File exists.Resource device.Unknown error…Bad address.Permission denied…Not enough space…Resource temporarily unavailable…No child processes…Bad file descriptor.Exec format error…Arg list too long…No such device or address…Input/output error…Interrupted function call…No such process.No such file or directory…Operation not permitted.No error…(.n.u.l.l.)…(null)…EEE…50.P…( 8PX…700WP… …h````..xpxxxx............................................EEE......00.P.....('8PW....700PP.... (.......hhhh...xppwpp..............7D...I.45D..oC.bad exception...e+000...........~.PA......GAIsProcessorFeaturePresent...KERNEL32....InitializeCriticalSectionAndSpinCount...kernel32.dll.... Complete Object Locator'... Class Hierarchy Descriptor'.... Base Class Array'.. Base Class Descriptor at (. Type Descriptor'...local static thread guard’.managed vector copy constructor iterator'..vector vbase copy constructor iterator’…vector copy constructor iterator'..dynamic atexit destructor for ‘…dynamic initializer for '..eh vector vbase copy constructor iterator’.eh vector copy constructor iterator'...managed vector destructor iterator’…managed vector constructor iterator'...placement delete[] closure’…placement delete closure'..omni callsig’… delete[]… new[]…local vftable constructor closure'.local vftable’.RTTI...EH.udt returning'.copy constructor closure’…eh vector vbase constructor iterator'..eh vector destructor iterator’.eh vector constructor iterator'....virtual displacement map’…vector vbase constructor iterator'.vector destructor iterator’…vector constructor iterator'...scalar deleting destructor’…default constructor closure'...vector deleting destructor’…vbase destructor'..string’…`local static[/unquote]

and…

[quote]…m.s.-.r.d.p…U.P.N.P…l…U.P.N.P.-.M.C.A.S.T…B…r.c.g.i…GetLongPathNameW…k.e.r.n.e.l.3.2…d.l.l….S.y.s.t.e.m.R.o.o.t..….D.e.v.i.c.e..H.a.r.d.d.i.s.k.V.o.l.u.m.e… .:…/./…H.K.E.Y.…s.y.s.t.e.m..c.o.n.t.r.o.l.s.e.t.?.?.?..s.y.s.t.e.m..c.u.r.r.e.n.t.c.o.n.t.r.o.l.s.e.t…..S.O.F.T.W.A.R.E..C.l.a.s.s.e.s…H.K.U.S..…H.K.U.S…H.K.L.M..S.y.s.t.e.m..C.o.n.t.r.o.l.S.e.t.?.?.?..%.d…H.K.E.Y..C.U.R.R.E.N.T..C.O.N.F.I.G…H.K.E.Y..U.S.E.R.S…H.K.E.Y..L.O.C.A.L..M.A.C.H.I.N.E…H.K.E.Y..C.U.R.R.E.N.T..U.S.E.R…H.K.E.Y..C.L.A.S.S.E.S..R.O.O.T…H.K.C.C…H.K.L.M…H.K.C.U…H.K.C.R…F.i.l.e. .n.o.t. .f.o.u.n.d.!..F.i.l.e. .r.e.a.d.i.n.g. .f.a.i.l.e.d.!..vector too long…B.a.d. .p.o.i.n.t.e.r…A.l.r.e.a.d.y. .f.i.n.a.l.i.z.e.d…N.o.t. .f.i.n.a.l.i.z.e.d. .y.e.t…I.p.A.0.A.@.A…A…A..A...A.P.A..A…A.ct_init: length != 256…ct_init: dist != 256…ct_init: 256+dist != 512…inconsistent bit counts. 3_6?..not enough codes…too many codes…bad compressed size.ct_tally: bad match.bad d_code…invalid length…output buffer too small for in-memory compression…bad pack level…insufficient lookahead…no future…wild scan…more < 2…Z…zip…zoo…arc…lzh…arj…gz…tgz…/…incompatible version…buffer error…insufficient memory.data error…stream error…file error…stream end…need dictionary.D.a.t.a…I.d…S.Y.S.T.E.M..S.o.f.t.w.a.r.e..C.o.m.o.d.o..F.i.r.e.w.a.l.l. .P.r.o..T.h.r.e.a.t.C.a.s.t…/.s.i.g.s./.b.a.s.e.s./…/.s.i.g.s./.u.p.d.a.t.e.s./…h.t.t.p.:././…F.a.i.l.e.d. .t.o. .p.a.r.s.e. .t.h.e. .U.R.L.:. .%.s…F.a.i.l.e.d. .i.n. .c.a.l.l. .t.o. .I.n.t.e.r.n.e.t.O.p.e.n.,. .E.r.r.o.r.:.%.d.
…%.s.:.%.d…F.a.i.l.e.d. .i.n. .c.a.l.l. .t.o. .I.n.t.e.r.n.e.t.O.p.e.n. .f.o.r. .p.r.o.x.y. .c.o.n.f.i.g.u.r.a.t.i.o.n.,. .E.r.r.o.r.:.%.d.
…F.a.i.l.e.d. .i.n. .c.a.l.l. .t.o. .I.n.t.e.r.n.e.t.C.o.n.n.e.c.t.,. .E.r.r.o.r.:.%.d.
…H.T.T.P. .C.o.n.n.e.c.t.i.o.n. .f.a.i.l.e.d. .:. .%.s…/.v.e.r.s.i.o.n.i.n.f.o…i.n.i…V.e.r.s.i.o.n.I.n.f.o…M.a.x.A.v.a.i.l.V.e.r.s.i.o.n…M.a.x.D.i.f.f…./.…H.T.T.P. .C.o.n.n.e.c.t.i.o.n. .n.o.t. .e.s.t.a.b.l.i.s.h.e.d…U.p.d.a.t.e.s. .a.b.o.r.t.e.d. .b.y. .u.s.e.r.!..F.a.i.l.e.d. .t.o. .o.p.e.n. .t.h.e. .f.i.l.e.(.%.s.). .t.o. .d.o.w.n.l.o.a.d. .i.n.t.o.,. .E.r.r.o.r.:.%.d.
…F.a.i.l.e.d. .i.n. .c.a.l.l. .t.o. .H.t.t.p.O.p.e.n.R.e.q.u.e.s.t.,. .E.r.r.o.r.:.%.d.
…F.a.i.l.e.d. .i.n. .c.a.l.l. .t.o. .H.t.t.p.S.e.n.d.R.e.q.u.e.s.t.,. .E.r.r.o.r.:.%.d.
…F.a.i.l.e.d. .i.n. .c.a.l.l. .t.o. .H.t.t.p.Q.u.e.r.y.I.n.f.o. .f.o.r. .H.T.T.P. .q.u.e.r.y. .s.t.a.t.u.s. .c.o.d.e.,. .E.r.r.o.r.:.%.d.
…U.p.d.a.t.e. .c.o.u.l.d. .n.o.t. .b.e. .c.o.m.p.l.e.t.e.d… .P.l.e.a.s.e. .c.h.e.c.k. .y.o.u.r. .P.r.o.x.y. .s.e.t.t.i.n.g.s…U.p.d.a.t.e. .c.o.u.l.d. .n.o.t. .b.e. .c.o.m.p.l.e.t.e.d… .P.l.e.a.s.e. .c.h.e.c.k. .y.o.u.r. .I.n.t.e.r.n.e.t. .c.o.n.n.e.c.t.i.o.n. .s.e.t.t.i.n.g.s…u.p.d.a.t.e. .c.o.u.l.d. .n.o.t. .b.e. .c.o.m.p.l.e.t.e.d… .I.n.t.e.r.n.e.t. .c.o.n.n.e.c.t.i.o.n. .g.o.t. .l.o.s.t. .h.a.l.f.w.a.y. .d.u.r.i.n.g. .d.o.w.n.l.o.a.d. .o.f. .u.p.d.a.t.e.,. .p.l.e.a.s.e. .c.h.e.c.k. .y.o.u.r. .I.n.t.e.r.n.e.t. .c.o.n.n.e.c.t.i.o.n. .s.e.t.t.i.n.g.s…A.n. .e.x.c.e.p.t.i.o.n. .o.c.c.u.r.e.d. .w.h.i.l.e. .w.r.i.t.i.n.g. .t.o. .t.h.e. .d.o.w.n.l.o.a.d. .f.i.l.e.
…D.o.w.n.l.o.a.d. .f.i.l.e.(.s.). .n.a.m.e. .e.m.p.t.y…c.a.v…B.A.S.E..E.N.D..U.S.E.R._.v…E.x.c.e.p.t.i.o.n. .o.c.c.u.r.e.d. .:. .%.s…&.s.S.p.c.D.a.R.B.o.a.Z.+.A.i.U…c.m.d.u.s.e.r…u.s.f.f.t.p…s.e.c.u.r.i.t.y…c.o.m.o.d.o…c.o.m…U.n.k.n.o.w.n. .e.r.r.o.r…F.a.i.l.e.d. .t.o. .s.e.t. .a.n. .i.n.t.e.r.n.e.t. .o.p.t.i.o.n. .(.%.u.)…F.a.i.l.e.d. .t.o. .o.p.e.n. .a.n. .i.n.t.e.r.n.e.t. .s.e.s.s.i.o.n…F.a.i.l.e.d. .t.o. .c.o.n.n.e.c.t. .t.o. .s.e.r.v.e.r. .(.%.s.:.%.u.)…F.a.i.l.e.d. .t.o. .r.e.n.a.m.e. .f.i.l.e. .(.%.s. .-.>. .%.s…F.a.i.l.e.d. .t.o. .w.r.i.t.e. .t.o. .n.e.t.w.o.r.k. .(.%.u. .b.y.t.e.s.)…F.a.i.l.e.d. .t.o. .o.p.e.n. .f.t.p. .f.i.l.e. .(.%.s.)…H.t.t.p.L.i.b.P.o.s.t…/.%.s…t.I…7B.,.I. 8B…I.p:B…I.p:B.D.I…<B…I.p:B…I…<B..I.`=B…I…B.pHB…HB.l.o.o.k.u.p.%.d…s.e.c.u.r.i.t.y…c.o.m.o.d.o…c.o.m…..….P.h.y.s.i.c.a.l.D.r.i.v.e.%.d…..….S.c.s.i.%.d.:…SCSIDISK…%.S.y.s.t.e.m.D.r.i.v.e.%..…P.O.S.T…C.a.n.‘.t. .w.r.i.t.e. .s.t.r.e.a.m…C.a.n.’.t. .r.e.a.d. .s.t.r.e.a.m…S.t.r.e.a.m. .s.e.t. .p.o.s.i.t.i.o.n. .o.v.e.r.f.l.o.w…S.t.r.e.a.m. .t.r.u.n.c.a.t.e. .o.v.e.r.f.l.o.w…[/unquote]

To continue…

My version of CIS:

I will do a complete uninstall and re-install from the Comodo download page.

I’ll report back.

OK…

The product download and installation and update of virus definitions went off without a hitch.

The test though will be when a product update is next available, I guess.

Anyway, it all seems OK at the moment.

Cheers :slight_smile:

So do you now have the 3.9.509 version?

3.9.95478.509 is the version I have now.

That’s the latest version available :-TU

Just tried an update of my current 3.12 version to 3.14 and … error 113 during update!
It went fine on my laptop :slight_smile: not on my desktop, this is the first time it happens …
I restarted and tried again, no success
I downloaded the full installer, it doesnt offer update (??? why) so I installed the same component I have (firewall only) but it just ends right there!

So I am stuck! wth is going on? update should be rather simple, shouldnt it?
Any idea about error 113? I dont believe it is my internet connection, every network activity is ok. Since CIS updates are based on IE, could there be an issue there?

Win7, latest update, IE8

—edit—
using smartsniff last packet capture is on ec2-67-202-0-38.compute-1.amazonaws.com
I have other data if you need …

Same issue here placoboy.
I did a packet trace and seeing:

HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
Server: nginx
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 11:45:08 GMT
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 154
Connection: keep-alive
Keep-Alive: timeout=1
Location: http://downloads.comodo.com/cis/download/updates/release/inis_578/x32/cmdagent.exe
GET /cis/download/updates/release/inis_578/x32/cmdagent.exe HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
User-Agent: COMODO Internet Security
Connection: Keep-Alive
Cache-Control: no-cache
Host: downloads.comodo.com

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: CacheFlyServe v26b
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 11:45:08 GMT
Content-Type: application/octet-stream
Content-Length: 723632
Last-Modified: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 07:50:39 GMT
Connection: keep-alive
ETag: "60404d612fde353d73c818d3905a5d76"
X-CF1: fC.atl1:hf
Accept-Ranges: bytes

A bunch of bytes after resembling that of the downloaded cmdagent.exe

System:
OS- Windows XP Pro SP3 (Plus latest critical updates/.NET Framework 1.1 - 3.5)
MB- ASUS P5N32-E Plus - nForce 680i Chipset (Removed Network Access Monitor)
Installed Software- (Those with networking that may interfere)
CIS ver: 3.12.111745.560 (current downloadable version)
CAV Database ver: 3103
Google Chrome
Orbit Downloader (detects download links)
VuZe (Bit Torrent Client)
TeamViewer 5 (Remote Desktop Support - Full Version)
TcpAckFrequency set to 1 (Registry Entry).

Troubleshooting:
Disabled all other running programs (via MSConfig).
Verified all LSP’s were default
Reset CIS Firewall and AV Profiles
Disabled CIS Firewall, Defense+, and AV
Reset Modem + Router to force refresh
Direct Connection to modem + Reset modem
Format Reinstall Windows XP Slipstreamed SP3
Still receive error 113 upon reinstalling, and attempting to update.

Conclusion:
I believe it has something to do with the return code HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily, but I am able to manually download the file requested. As I am able to update the CAV Database with no issues.
It has been like this for a few days for me as well.

Could there be an issue from 3.12 to 3.14? on my laptop I went 3.12 → 3.13 → 3.14
And why a manual update is not possible? does it mean the only way is save config, uninstall, reinstall, reimport config?