Error 108: Update could not be completed

I am getting “Error 108: Update could not be completed.Please check your internet connection settings.”
I am having this same problem on both of my laptops.
Both are connecting to the internet OK.
I am using Version 3.8.65951.477
Is this the latest version?
Are the servers to busy?
As of 03-20-2010 I have removed all traces of comodo products from my 3 computers and they are MUCH better for it.

Win XP sp3 32bit
IE-7
AVG anti-virus Free
SpywareBlaster

Hello,

I am also getting the same message??

Hi all,

Right at the moment the servers could be busy. With the release of ver. 3.9 today they could be changing things over to push the updates as well.

Later

There have a been a couple of server glitches today. Also there is a release upcoming tomorrow to handle the problem with the update path for the AV database not being carved in stone in the binaries as promised. So, may be you are checking in the in between period.

So I would says try again throughout the day of Thursday 14th and keep an eye on theFeedback/Comments/Announcements/News - CIS board.

i tried to update today (thursday) as you suggested. error 108 still pops up and update failed. problem at my end, or your servers are still acting up? ???

will check back again.

later

bedubeu

Hi There!

I found out that the old cfpupdat.exe (Ver 3.8.243.473) does not connect to the update Server and gives Error 108. Usually it should first update itself and then in a second step it loads the rest of the new Comodo Internet security 3.9.

I manually substituted the old cfupdate.exe (Ver 3.8.243.473) by the new version (Ver. 3.9.10937.503) from a computer where Version 3.9 already was installed. After reboot I tried to update again and it worked…

Best regards,
Michael

I’m having the same problem!! I have the same setup and been trying to get the updates last night and today still no luck…

Same here, no luck so far.
Will check again in couple of hours. >:(

Same problem.

I have just updated to version 3.9.81003.508
The update first downloaded a few new files very quickly and asked for a reboot.
After the reboot I checked to see the new versions number and it had not changed. (3.8…)
I again checked for an update and was told a new update was avalable.
I went and clicked update and it took exactly 1 1/2 hours.
I am connected at a not that slow 2.5 mbs dsl connection.
It was like downloading a movie with a dialup connection.
Must be an overloaded server.
I am only using the firewall and it seems that to download the free firewall program is gone and now its bundled with an antivirus program.
Is there a download for ONLY the free firewall program??

It is one package for both Firewall and AV.

I downloaded the installer for the new 508 and it was slow. I guess you are right about the servers being busy.

Same problem. I just loaded COMODO -version 3.9.95478.509, previously I used vrs. 3.8… having the same problem…

WIN XP Pro SP3 32bit
Mozilla Firefox 3.0.10
P4 2,4 GHz

Funny thing is, that then I am using COMODO at home via cable-modem everything works ok without any problem. But when I use another computer via mobile connection ( Huawei E169 http://www.huawei.com/mobileweb/en/products/view.do?id=1181 ) problems appear!

JVo
Finland

May be the mobile connection uses a proxy. What browser are you using on your mobile phone?

Mobile connection is not made via traditional mobile phone. My mobile connection is made via

Huawei E169 http://www.huawei.com/mobileweb/en/products/view.do?id=1181

made only for mobile broadband.

Main Features:

* HSDPA/UMTS(900/2100MHz)
* GSM/GPRS/EDGE(850/900/1800/1900MHz) 
* Support 7.2Mbps HSDPA services
* MicroSD Card Slot
* Support PC voice (optional) and SMS services
* Support data statistics
* Plug & Play
* Support Windows 2000/XP/Vista and Mac Operating Systems

May be your provider relays through a proxy? Or when you use Opera Mini browser your data will be relayed and processed by the Opera proxy servers.

And again. Everything worked ok since 24th of May, still using version 3.9.95478.509. But after 14th of July “update could not be completed”… I don´t know anything about “provider relays through a proxy?”
I only use Mozilla Firefox, latest version.

JVo
Finland

Are you trying to update program or the AV database? What happens when you try to manually update again? May be it was just a temporary glitch.

I am trying to update ( automatically and manually ) AV = antivirus database. I have tried to update program also, but “no updates available” is the answer I receive. I also left my computer and internet -connection open for hours. Still having the same problem?

I have the same problem:

From 3.8.65951.477 to 3.9

Error 108

Can I install CIS with my old product key from firewall?

Cysioland. Please try a clean install of 3.9 as in a small minority of cases the update of 3.8 to 3.9 was not successful.

Further it is not recommended to export a configuration from a previous version of Comodo to the 3.9. There are changes to how Comodo stores rules that makes storing rules faster. Importing from 3.8 will make you loose that advantage.

As to the question about the product key. CIS is a free product so you can install it. You only pay for the Premium support. I am not sure how the process for updating and Premium Support works but just give it a try and let us know how it worekd out.