error 106

Hi guys, can someone help me? Im am using Comodo Firewall Pro version 3.0.25.378. Whenever I access the updater option to do an update, the message “Error 106: Update could not be completed.Not able to connect to Internet, please check your Internet connection settings” is displayed.
Ever since I installed Comodo, I haven’t changed my internet connection settings and the diagnostics utility of the software did not detect any problems with my installation. I noticed tho, that whenever I do the scans of my system under the Defense+ option, this is where the virus signatures were updated when they are available before doing the scan. I guess it should instead be on the updater option I earlier mentioned , right?

You have the latest version already. I will have a modder move this to the Comodo help area instead of under other firewalls.

Hello.

I am currently experiencing the same issue. I also have version 3.0.25.378 . I check for updates manually, and have had no issues with the Update service prior to today. The last check I did (successfully) was last week (end of July).

When I launch “Check For Updates”, I currently get:

Error 106: Update could not be completed. Not able to connect to Internet, please check your Internet connection settings.

Hi.

FAQ Threads:

[b]Update Issues (Error 106 | Never-Ending Updates)[/b] https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,18966.0.html https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,19645.0.html https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,22396.0.html

Thank you for the link, and your response.

Happily, the issue is now resolved and Update seems to be working normally. :slight_smile: I did not have to change anything in my system.

I did look through the FAQ entries for “error 106” (after you posted the link), and did not find a fix, up to re-installation. Hoping that I would not have to uninstall/re-install the software, I just waited to see if it was a remote/server/traffic issue of some kind, which I suppose it was. I tried several different times over a period of several hours, receiving the same error each time. I discovered just now that Update was working.

I saw this mentioned in one of the other “error 106” threads, and would agree: Would it be possible in a future version to change the error message in this case to help distinguish between a failure to communicate with a COMODO server, and a local issue? Reading the “Error 106” message I got today, I concluded I just unquestionably had a local problem. I looked at whether I had blocked a win component, if I had knocked a registry value, if I had COMODO temp files that needed to be cleared out, and so on, before I just decided to wait and see.

Thank you again for your reply.

Steve.

Still having the same problem… ??? I checked all my settings and they are where they should be…It’s kinda disappointing that error 106 is pointing out that my system maybe at fault when in fact its the Comodo’s server which is busy or down lately…

Updater is already working but if the cause of the problem was a Comodo server issue then steve_p was right that Comodo should “…change the error message in this case to help distinguish between a failure to communicate with a COMODO server, and a local issue”.

Just did a manual check for updates a few minutes ago…a message “There are no updates available” was posted by the system. I guess this is a much better and quite reasurring message from Comodo than the “error 106” we are getting earlier…

It’s in the Comodo Firewall Wishlist v5: