Error: 0x80004002 - Installation is not physically on C:

Okay so I had some trouble installing. I figured I would try to get some help out of the Geek thing.

I got connected to Jacob, and he didn’t know what could possibly be causing this error message “0x80004002”. So he does what any good technical support does, not pay attention to a seemingly technical person explain that they think the issue is related to the junction links he has going from his C: drive to his R: drive connecting to those link junctions to the following directories:

Users
ProgramData
Program Files
Program Files (x86)

So that means the application is being installed on another drive and pretending to be installed on the correct one.

Of course Jacob didn't pay attention to this comment or the forum thread I had just begun to open when he connected to take control. Again he does what any good tech support does, assume the user doesn't know what they are doing, and assumes that they definitely didn't try rebooting or using the fix it or using the diagnostic tool.. or even going as far as to try reinstalling from scratch.. no nobody would do any of that before seeking outside help.

So he wasted an hour of my time, maybe more… I wasn’t really counting, I… stupidly… assumed that he would Eventually fix the issue. Nope… Just after clean uninstalling and rebooting… I get back on and he says okay… is there anything else I can help you with? You will be able to install now…
(not at all like I told him the computer had been clean installed and there were no other AV programs that could have possibly been installed) So I tried to save us both some time in our ever shorter lives by telling him as much. We still did a clean uninstall with some batch file he left on my computer. The file appears to have been designed primarly for cleaning up after OTHER AV programs as well as comodo I believe, I do think I saw some comodo directories fly by… I didn’t really pay attention he had locked me out to avoid me trying to save time.

So I told him, yes you can help me by waiting… because the error message, I am pretty sure, is still going to come up… and it did!
So he AGAIN clicked fix it…

Einstein once defined insanity as performing the same actions with the expectation of a different outcome.

So it forced a reboot to happen, and lo and behold he didn’t keep the session going. I was on my own. So I reconnected and got George, I explained the issue and that George had already performed the Rinse/Repeat method of fixing it; possibly the only one they know. He proceeded to promptly disconnect the session. I tried once more, and I didn’t even get a chance to type a single letter; I had gotten George again and he disconnected immediately.

I understand that I don’t have a subscription, but why would they offer support in the first place if they aren’t even going to try… all he did was ignore the information I provided him with and waste my time in the end.

###########################################################

So I went back to the forums and did the searches again. I read a few of them. I saw one post, I forget who it was by… but he said
“I had the same problem with my D: I installed to C: and the problem was fixed”

Very simple solution to a very specific error code, if COMODO had a knowledge base, you would think they would have such knowledge.

Long story short. If you have error 0x80004002 and the installation is on another drive… just install it to the root of C:

I installed to C:\Security\

This could be worth a bug report if you feel like it.