Enough with the nagging already

I’m quite adept at keeping my pc free from viruses, spyware or trojans so these nags are just getting on my nerves:

1. I do not need to update the virus database every 2 days to “feel safe” and would like to have the use of the traffic animation back.

2. A clean install of windows is unlikely to have viruses so having the program window pop up on every startup, trying to update and scan when I’m not even ready to connect to the internet is just silly.

3. Furthermore, since the program updater almost always fails, I manually download and install bases.cav in safe mode regularly. My internet connection is pitiful so I don’t want to be downloading updates all the time. This does not appease the startup nag. And switching off auto update settings does nothing.

By all means, use such settings as defaults but please give advanced users the option to run the program as they please.

I gueess that choosing “Clean PC” might satisfy you more. Regarding the docs in this mode HIPS considers all existing software “clean” and istead bothering with confirming each system important activity it makes allow rule for all recordeed activity. Don’t know how HIPS recognizes existing from new software tho.

This can be adapted to choice or even disabled.

and would like to have the use of the traffic animation back.
Normally that option should be there and working. It sounds like in your case it doesn’t.

2. A clean install of windows is unlikely to have viruses so having the program window pop up on every startup, trying to update and scan when I'm not even ready to connect to the internet is just silly.
  1. Furthermore, since the program updater almost always fails, I manually download and install bases.cav in safe mode regularly. My internet connection is pitiful so I don’t want to be downloading updates all the time. This does not appease the startup nag. And switching off auto update settings does nothing.

By all means, use such settings as defaults but please give advanced users the option to run the program as they please.

Looking at the symptoms it looks like something may be up with your particular configuration.