Enhancement Request: CFP settings save to ini or dat file

Hi,
I see that there is a bit of an involved process right now to back up Comodo Firewall Pro settings. I’ve got to tell you that I am thrilled with CFP. I tested it at GRC and all of my ports are stealthed, and CFP handled the tests without flinching, but there is an investment of time with it to allow all of the various ways programs who try to relate to each other and get out, and I definitely wouldn’t want to have to go through all of those clicks again if I had to restore to an earlier date, so having a way to back up the permissions is really important. If they are stored in the registry and not easily able to be backed up, then perhaps incorporating an automatic script to save the registry key to a file that can be backed up and restored would be the solution. It needs to be as hands-free as possible.
Thanks!
Sue

G’day,

Waaay ahead of ya! If you have a look at

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,2366.msg18544.html#msg18544

this script has been developed by rotty and further enhanced by several others, and does exactly what you’re asking for.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Thanks Ewen, I saw that but you have to go in and change settings in Comodo from what I read. and reboot, blah blah.

Did I read through it too quickly and not get it? I’m hoping for Comodo to do the work and I just include it’s data in my back up and sync routines.

Sue

G’day,

Backups will be incorporated into a future release, probably V3. The script is just something to tide users over until it part of hte app itself. Better than not having a backup! :wink:

There’s no reboot required. you just have to turn off registry protection and set the firewall to “Allow All”, run the scriptand then reverse the two previously mentioned settings. In essence, the script is just doing a registry extract. Repeat - reboot not required.

Hope this helps,

Thanks Ewen. This is what happens when you try to read things after you eyes have long ago glazed over…I’ll try it!

Ewen, I may have missed it. Where is the actual zip file posted?
Thanks!
Sue

Hey Sue,

Try https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,2366.msg18544.html#msg18544. The actual ZIP files are towards the bottomand there are several variants there.

Cheers,

Thank you Ewen
Sue