Encryption - Full mode

I used encryption in differential and incremental modes to backup my files to an external hard drive. I am able to use the password encryption in these modes. However in Full mode no password is accepted, as the option to use that is grayed out. What am I missing? Thank you.

The encryption option should be grayed out for simple copy backups regardless you are using full/incremental/differential backup.
What version of Comodo Backup are you using?

Thanks

The version reports as 3.0.171317.130. The password is definitely available but only for incremental or differtial modes, not for full mode. Unfortunately all the password seems to do is provide secure access to perform the backup, or to perform the restore … it does not actually encrypt the data. Is there another product or manner of doing this? Thanks much!

This was an issue in 3.0 version, we fixed it in 4.0 version. Now the password is no longer visible.

You can use .cbu encrypted backups, and if you want to browse their content you can mount them.

Thanks

Oh I see! I wondered about that. So if I understand correctly, Simple Copy mode backups cannot be encrypted. Is that correct? And furthermore, cbu mode backups can be encrypted. Is that correct? Thanks … think I’m finally understanding the process.

Final question: In cbu mode, is the password just encrypted, or is the whole file encrypted? Hopefully this question makes sense. I’m wondering if someone else using Comodo can open the file I have saved using a password.

Yes

Yes

The entire file is encrypted. Password is not stored inside the file, so, no one can read the data inside unless he has the correct password.

Thanks