Enabling HIPS drastically increases restart time with Windows 8.1

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
[ol]- Summary - Give a clear summary in the topic subject, NOT here.

• Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
    Yes, every time if i want. It’s full reliable.
  • If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:
    a:Make sure the HIPS is turned on.
    b:Restart the laptop. Restarting takes about 30-40 seconds
    c:After this it is fine, but with HIPS disabled restart only takes about 10-15 seconds.
  • If not obvious, what U expected to happen:
    I expect Windows Restart itself in 10-15 Second as usual.
  • If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?:
    Not a software compatibility
  • Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
    No
  • Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:
    I must Describe my Scenario:
    Spec: Lenovo Y560
    I think I know what happened and i will describe it:
    When we click restart in Win 8.1, Restarting Page appeared and every action of user is Ignored, while COMODO, Alerts user to what to do i do?(HIPS Alert) and user don’t see alert and only see Restarting Page, and it takes 30-40 second and Restart process waits for Comodo response and after that time windows goes restart.
    This scenario may also happen when we Shutdown Windows 8.1 because of Similar Functional between Restart and Shutdown.
    Disabling the HIPS allows the computer to restart in about 10-15 seconds as usual.
    [/ol]

B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same for each issue, so you can copy forward)
[ol]- Exact CIS version & configuration:
CIS 6.3.294583.2937 With HIPS Enabled.

• Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
    All Default value except HIPS Enabled and Level :Safe Mode and Firewall is Custom Ruleset. AV:Off. BBlocker:Off

• Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
    No

• Have U updated (without uninstall) from a CIS 5?:
    No
    [li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
    Its not necessary.
    [/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
    No
    [li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do:
    [/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit, UAC Off,Administrator Account.None

• Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS: a= b=
    [/ol]

None

I have edited your first post to try and arrange everything a little. Please look it over and let me know if all of the information in it is correct.

Also, can you please try this with the HIPS disabled, but the BB enabled, and let me know if that also shows the increased restart time?

In addition, please attach your diagnostics report and KillSwitch Process List to your first post. These will be necessary for the devs to fully replicate your situation.
Also, please edit your first post to answer B7. This is asking you which other anti-malware software is currently on your computer, and which used to be installed in the past, but is now uninstalled.

Thank you.

PM reminder sent.

As there has been no response, I will now move this to the Non-Format Verified board.

Topics in this board are rarely looked at by the devs, and even if they are it is unlikely the devs can fix the bugs reported.

Please answer the question I asked, and attach the required files, so that I can forward this to the devs.

Please contact me if you have any other questions.

Thank you.

I have no plan to Complete this Bug Report, Because of my laptop problems with Lenovo ACPI Driver which LENOVO does not make an correct version for win 8.1. and with this missing driver. I can’t complete this bug report.
It’s not important for me that you keep this report on the Non Format Issue Reports section because its your product problem and its not my problem.
devs don’t see this? Doesn’t matter.

I’m very sorry that you feel that way. I did not mean to come across as negative. I had only meant that I believe others are able to use this correctly with Windows 8.1, thus there is likely something specific to your system. The files I requested would allow the devs to understand your system, and thus likely isolate the issue. Without it they would likely not be able to make progress.

However, the other issue you just brought up, about the driver issues, makes me think that perhaps the performance issues are due to a combination of Comodo and this driver. However, if there is no fix for the driver then perhaps there is nothing the devs can do.

I’m very sorry for this situation. For now I will move this to Outdated. If you are able to get the computer working correctly again please feel free to contact me and I can move this back.

Thank you and I wish you the best of luck getting your laptop to work with the driver issue. If you like, you can create a new topic about the driver. Perhaps someone will have useful suggestions.

Thank you.