EMET and CIS (This is for the users of EMET)

Hiya! Anybody using The Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit from Microsoft with CIS atm? Any conflicts? What set up do you have in EMET?

Thank you ;D

What does EMET do exactly?

Yes, but I am not using whole CIS. See signature

[at]Ivan12345 We have no idea about your system at all
[at]Seany007 You’ve mentioned some Comodo stuff at least, but again - not a single word about the system environment… and EMET has specifics depending on XP/win7/x64/x86/etc
For both of you:
Please read about EMET in the first place and more.

Then, search for something like “EMET setup/configuration(s)”.
There are several excellent articles with suggestions re: the matter. Choose your options and test against any installed Software one by one. Use whatever is appropriate to your specific system environment/particular Software installed.

… nobody can tell you about all conflicts that may occur, but basically it’s working fine here, and as far as I’m concerned in many different environments & it is very good additional layer of protection

Cheers!

The Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) is a utility that helps prevent vulnerabilities in software from being successfully exploited. EMET achieves this by using security mitigation technologies. These technologies function as special protections and obstacles that an exploit author must defeat to exploit software vulnerabilities. These security mitigation technologies do not guarantee that vulnerabilities cannot be exploited. However, they work to make exploitation as difficult to perform as possible. In many instances, a fully-functional exploit that can bypass EMET may never be developed.

Read more: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2458544

I was new to EMET. Now I’m not. I wanted to know in general if anybody had issues with it across all systems esp if CIS had issue with it. Thanks.

It had nothing to do with my system ??? I was asking Seany007 what was EMET

The features & settings have a lot to do with the system & platform :wink:
Ana that doesn’t apply to EMET only…

I ditched EMET 3.0 for 3.5. Anybody using EMET 3.5? I can’t import the ‘ALL’ protection profile or any other. Any ideas?