Email alerts?

Hello Everyone,

I’ve just started using Comodo. It is great personal firewall but I could use a hand figuring something out.

When an alert is generated, it is written to the log but I would like to be able to generate an email as well. It doesn’t appear that Comodo can do that. Is it possible to have it write an event to the Application or System event log?? If so, I could then use something like Event Sentry to monitor the logs and generate the email.

Monitoring the actual log file isn’t possible as it is an edb file that is not flat text.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

Joe

Welcome to the forums, Joe (:WAV)

No, Comodo doesn’t do email alerts.

Is there a specific type of alert that you want to know about, or some reason you want an email alert? The Comodo firewall logs several different kinds of alerts, depending on the type of infraction (which monitor it relates to).

LM

[quote author=Little Mac link=topic=8709.msg63026#msg63026 date=1178659125]
Welcome to the forums, Joe (:WAV)
/quote

Thank you for your welcome and your reply!

The reason I’m looking for an email is that the machine is setup to “listen” on the network. No one but me should ever access the machine, for any reason. Any network traffic directed to it will be investigated. An email would provide real time notification of an alert.

Please let me know if that is not clear.

Have a good one,

Joe

Okay, that makes sense. Not sure how to accomplish it, though.

A couple things of note: Comodo is working on a management console for Admin scenarios, so that updates and things can be pushed across a network; this might be a functionality available thru that. There’s a thread in the forums somewhere…

Also, you noted that the logs are stored as an edb file. You might try this path: c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\comodo\personal firewall\logs\logs.log (which is a text file).

LM

Hello,

Thank you for the location of a flat text log file. I think I might be able to work with this. If I can, I will post back for others who might be interested.

Thanks again,

Joe

You can post your suggestion in the wishlist thread

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,6883.0.html

That would be great, Joe. I hope the text file helps out.

LM