EICAR test file not detected

The Eicar.org Virus testfile is not detected :P0l, at least not for me.
I used the unpacked eicar.com and the ZIP archive, both are not detected.

Using CIS 3.13.573, and definitions 2988.

Can anyone confirm that?

Just tried detected.

Dennis

[attachment deleted by admin]

I just tryed it also, its detected.

Strange, I tried it repeatedly now, and it is not being detected … (see screenshot)

Any clues ???

BTW, I’m using Win7 X64, Avira AntiVir with realtime scanning enabled and
Comodo with realtime scanning disabled (i.e. as an on-demand only scanner).

I tried disabling Antivir’s realtime scanning as well, still eicar.com is not detected by comodo.

It is detected here. Maybe Avira did something with it before CAV got a chance to. Or maybe the two AV’s are conflicting.

Very strange indeed. As mentioned above, even if I disable Avira AntiVir, the file is still
not detected … 88)

Go here: C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\scanners and see how big bases.cav is, please post that.

With the current database revision 2999, the file is 106.003 KB (see screenshot).

Perhaps the file is corrupt. Does Avira correctly identify it as the EICAR test file?

Yes, Avira has no trouble identifying the “eicar.com” as the eicar test file …

By the way, Is there another way of testing my comodo antivirus except the eicar file ?
Are there other, similar test files around, or perhaps some quite harmless other files that
comodo would detect as malware?

Trojan Simulator
http://www.misec.net/trojansimulator/

I had the same problem on two computers after upgrading to latest version 313…573. I replaced the signature database for the latest version from link below, and all is well.

https://forums.comodo.com/anti_virus_faq/where_can_i_download_the_latest_full_av_database-t47164.0.html

Ralph

Thank you Ralph for the tip.
I downloaded the complete bases, replaced the old bases.cav
with the manually downloaded file and all is well here, too.
Interesting … something in the update process must have wrecked my bases as well >:-D.

Problem solved … but the question on how this could have happened remains a mystery 88)

–raynor

PS & Request for enhancement: Maybe comodo antivirus should always do an
integrity check on its bases after updating them, to ensure they are in mint condition ;D