Each time when i try a costly security product, ....

Each time when i try a costly security product, …

its a bad user interface, bad firewall rule section, total chaos of rules, no overview, endless logs (of allowed things, or uninteresting things), endless blocks, etc…
UNTIL you agree to let the product do everything for you. “Totally quiet, just 49,95!”
And as long as you think, a full log is proving efficiency.

All these attempts of forcing agreement to userfriendlyness combined with logging masses of useless information are basically an attempt to convince people that they need to pay others/a program to make decisions for them.

If you want to keep people safe, and not want their 40 dollars a year in the first place, you dont need to follow these paths. Keep comodo usable.

You know better then that Comodo would let users pay for the program. The default settings are taking a lot of decisions.

Could you explain what is wrong with the firewall rule section and chaos of rules? The structure of the firewall rule section has not changed over the years. The looks however did.

The logs allow you to filter. May be you want to create a wish for the logs to show a custom filter as soon as you open the logs?

Oh, i wanted to encourage comodo to keep the good,
as i was speaking about 3 other products that are meant to be mandatory paid.

Well, i would critizise the logs of comodo because they are not viewable without escalating columns since a while, but they are not filled with useless information.
Some things are questionable, like ADS and changing of dates… (Really?)
Thats why i wanted to make a point about to not throw away the good it had, just by following the “marketing trick of bloat and confusion” of mandatory paid products.

It was a heads up :smiley:

EDIT: I added the headline to the text as well, maybe its more obvious then.

Well, i would critizise the logs of comodo because they are not viewable without escalating columns since a while, but they are not filled with useless information. Some things are questionable, like ADS and changing of dates..... (Really?)
Your and other's wishes have been heard: [quote="egemen post:52, topic:303841"] It is not that significant. CIS will not create ADS on any existing files. So we aren't using it for AV purposes etc. But that being said, we will introduce an option for you guys to disable such tracking so that you will shut it down if you don't like. [/quote]
Thats why i wanted to make a point about to not throw away the good it had, just by following the "marketing trick of bloat and confusion" of mandatory paid products.

It was a heads up :smiley:

EDIT: I added the headline to the text as well, maybe its more obvious then.

Sorry for misunderstanding your figure of speech.

It took a while for me to understand the principle, too :smiley:
After some years and several tests i noticed this constant pattern in these programs: “I had often no idea what i was doing, and if i was safe”. Not because of me or required knowledge,
but BY DESIGN!

The most important thing about security:
You need to know what it does, and what not