Drop-Down Menu Invisible After Right-Click [M912]

Thanks. Also, if you can replicate it, please create a Full Dump with Killswitch while the drop-down menues are invisible. If you are not sure how to do this please feel free to ask.

Thanks.

I have managed to fix the drop down menus (and tooltips as well which were doing it as well) so can’t do a full dump with Killswitch. But if it happens on my spare pc I will post back again.

To fix it I first uninstalled my graphics driver as it was a beta (AMD catalyst 14.3 beta) and the drop down menus then worked ok.
So next I tried to reinstall them but the install was blocked by CIS due to running the file from Flashget (file manager) and as I did not realise
I used “Display Driver Uninstaller” and after that the drop down menus still worked.

Next I went to install the Catalyst 14.3 beta again and then realised it was CIS blocking Flashget so I made Flashget a trusted file and had to reboot for it to work. (I did try from Windows Explorer but it was still blocked from there).

So after rebooting I ran the Catalyst 14.3 beta and it installed ok and the drop down menus still work.

Hope this info can help.

Kevin

I forgot to mention I am using CIS version 7.0.313494.4115 and I now remember it was happening on 6.3 but only noticed it on the help about on the main gui and never used the other dropdown menus till I clean installed CIS 7.0.313494.4115.

Also when the dropdown menus are blank they still work.

Kevin

Thanks for checking this. In that case it looks like this issue may be linked to the graphics driver.

Makazestorm, can you please check and see if reinstalling the graphics driver solves this for you as well?

Thank you.

I’ve just solved issue with blank menus and invisible tooltips by adding c:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\HydraVision\HydraDM64.exe to trusted files. By default it is run in SandBox.

Probably, this causes the problem.

Okay, in that case I will move this to Resolved, and close this entry in the tracker. Also, please submit that file for whitelisting in this topic. Once they have analyzed it, and added it to the Comodo Whitelist you should not have any further problems with it, and neither should anyone else.

Makazestorm, if you find that adding it to the trusted files list does not solve this issue for you please let me know and I will re-open this.

Thanks.