driver install failure

I was conntecting my camera suceessfully to my PC before. After installing Comodo, when I connected the camera to the PC via USB, the cemara software did not recognize that the camera was attached. There was a error sign on the camera driver on the device manager page. I uninstalled the driver, reconnected the camera, but when I turned it on, there was an error in installing the device driver software. Is this a registry protection issue? Any help you can suggest?
Thanks
Onder

When you ran the installer did you give it the unlimited access to your computer or did you choose to sandbox it. In case you choose to sandbox run the installer again and give is the unlimited access it asks for. In the process make sure to allow services.exe to make the necessary modifications to the registry.

Let us know how things go.

Thanks Eric, but the matter has not been resolved yet. I disabled both the firewall and the sandox, but the same thing happens. Though I’m not sure how to allow the sevices.exe?
When I attach the camera to the PC, it tries to install the driver but there appears a message stating that the installation of the driver was unsuccessful, and asks me to contact the manufacturer?
Should I completely uninstall comodo and try to attach the camera? Or is there something wrong with the camera (which I doubt and hope not)?
Thanks
Onder

Another way around it is to go to Device Manager and uninstall the driver for the camera. Then let it look for now new hardware with the camera attached. Now see what happens.

Hi Eric,
I already did that. Please check my first post.
“I was conntecting my camera suceessfully to my PC before.
After installing Comodo, when I connected the camera to the PC via USB, the cemara software did not recognize that the camera was attached. There was a error sign on the camera driver on the device manager page.
I uninstalled the driver, reconnected the camera, but when I turned it on, there was an error in installing the device driver software”
Thanks

Can you take a look in the list of blocked registry keys and blocked folders of services.exe.

Go to Computer Security Policy → Defense + Rules → select the rule for Services.exe → Edit → Customise → now look if there are blocked registry keys or blocks in other categories.

At the Defense+ tab, I click the advanced button and then the computer security policy. From then on, I do not feel confident about interpreting the rest. Therefore, I attached the screenshots of the page below…
Thanks…
Onder

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks for the images. I see you are using v4.1 where I assumed v5.

When you are in the Process Access Rights screen push the Modify button behind Protected Registry Keys and look in the Blocked Registry Keys tab. See if there are keys blocked. You can delete them as in the default settings of Services.exe there are no keys blocked.

there were no blocked registry keys. Meanwhile, I uninstalled the Comodo and tried to connect the camera again, but the driver installation was still unsuccessful. I’ll try to contact the vendor and see what they can suggest. I’ll let you know. Thanks for the help.
Onder

If CIS was uninstalled properly and the problem persists then there is something else going on.

Try running this CIS clean up tool to make sure it is fully removed.