A. THE BUG/ISSUE
- What you did: Set Windows/Win Event Hooks to active in the Protection settings of HIPS Dragon rule (see 1st attached image). To be noted : In the Access Rights of Dragon rule, Windows/Win Event Hooks is set to ask (2d attached image)
- What actually happened or you actually saw: When i launched Dragon, its window opened but right after Dragon crashed. In HIPS log, it appears that Dragon was unable to set a hook (3d attached image
- What you expected to happen or see: that Dragon launched normally, but to be alerted if another application target Dragon for a hook
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: If Windows/Win Event Hooks is set to inactive in the Protection settings of HIPS Dragon rule, Dragon doesn’t crash. but when set on active, the crash occurs.
- If a software compatibility problem have U tried the compatibility fixes (link in format)?: Doesn’t apply
- Details & exact version of any software (execpt CIS) involved (with download link unless malware): Comodo Dragon version 23.4 downloaded from Forum
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so precise steps to make it happen: yes, each time I set Windows/Win Event Hooks to active in the Protection settings of HIPS Dragon rule
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons):
B. FILES APPENDED. (Please zip unless screenshots).
[/color[/color]]0. A diagnostics report file (Click ‘?’ in top right of main GUI) Required for all issues)[color=blue]: Appended
- Screenshots of the 6.0 Killswitch Process Tab (see Advanced tasks ~ Watch Activity) or 5.x Active Process List. If accessible, required for all issues: Appended
- Screenshots illustrating the bug: Appended
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs: Appended
- A CIS config report or file: Not appended.
- Crash or freeze dump file: Not appended
- Screenshot of More~About page. Can be used instead of typed product and AV database version: Not appended.
C. YOUR SETUP
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration: 6.0.260739.2674, Proactive
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CIS: No
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): No
- Defense+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall & AV security levels: D+/HIPS=Paranoïd, ASB/BB=Enabled, Firewall=Custom, AV=Stateful
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Windows 8 Enterprise fully updated, 32 bit, UAC on, Admin
- Other security and utility software currently installed: Sandboxie, Free Commander
- Other security software previously installed at any time since Windows was last installed*: None
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box)[color=blue]: Sorry, it is VirtualBox
[attachment deleted by admin]