Dragon browser crashes when entering virtual mode

Hey there,

I have downloaded the Dragon browser, but it crashes when I am trying to enter the virtual mode. In the normal mode, websites can be loaded normally. Microsoft Silverlight (version 5.1.10411.0, installed via CIS) is installed. The Comodo Internet Security seems to work, however, the Virtual Kiosk and GeekBuddy can’t be accessed even though I thought there was a 30 day trial. Any suggestions?
Kind regards

CIS is the same for both the paid and free versions; with the paid versions you pay for additional services. Even when using a trial version of CIS I would expect Virtual Kiosk to work. Geekbuddy is a paid service and will not work after the end of the trial.

Since when is Virtual Kiosk no longer running? When did you CIS trial expire?

As to the crashing of Dragon when entering virtual mode. Do you have other security programs running in the background that could interfere? Please make sure there are no leftovers of security programs you had installed in the past. A possible left over can cause all sort of “strange effects”. Please run clean up tools for all security programs you had in the past. A list can be found here at the Eset website: ESET Knowledgebase .

Thanks for the advice. I’m going to try that. I had avira Antivirus installed previously.

However, the virtual mode never really worked. I installed the CIS yesterday, but the Virtual Kiosk and Dragon Virtual Mode didn’t work from the start. And even though it’s the trial version, I thought there would be a 30 day support by GeekBuddy, but it askes for a license key right away.

Virtual mode in Dragon is using Virtual Kiosk, so you need to ask why Virtual Kiosk is not working in Comodo Internet Security forum.